DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Price increased?

I have noticed that several adventures that were like $8.99 are now $14. Even the adventure on sale used to be $7 and now it is $12 on the same sale week? What is going on?

Also the CSC is way overpriced. If we think about needed suplements we get up to $150 just to be able to play with minimum rules... probably Companion and 1 adventure will get you to $214. That is crazy after having to pay license... Guess Unity is a money sink or licensing is not enought profit and now all items go up? Very disatisfied with situation.

If you're not in the USA then Steam has regional pricing that can very often change. The pricing is set by Steam, based off the original pricing set by Mongoose Publishing - and can vary based off various parameters that Steam use to track their regional pricing index.

And also see here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post515770
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    If you're not in the USA then Steam has regional pricing that can very often change. The pricing is set by Steam, based off the original pricing set by Mongoose Publishing - and can vary based off various parameters that Steam use to track their regional pricing index.
    I never said Steam... I am talking about Smiteworks Shop here and on Monday the Reach Adventure 2: Theories of Everything sale was on $7 you can see that on same promotional week... I was able to capture email to see that I was not dreaming and they increased prices.

Attached Images Attached Images

Not only that... the new Reach Adventure 4: Last Flight of the Amuar was $12 and now is $20. You can check promotional email sent this week to verify.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by alfarobl; June 4th, 2020 at 19:19.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarobl View Post
    I never said Steam... I am talking about Smiteworks Shop here
    Thanks for clarifying.

Maybe MBM asking them about pricing made them realise they'd used the wrong prices on the adventures!

Hopefully those involved with the store will be able to answer.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

While i totally support MBM and want him to collect as much beer money as he can, I think that either Smiteworks or Mongoose need to consider the current market share bit with there pricing. Releasing and advertising a book at $11.99 on June 3 and the raising it to $19.99 on June 4 is questionable and perhaps even unethical. If you advertise something you are generally expected to sell it for that price. I probably wouldn't make a big deal about it had it changed a week from now but the day after the advertisement dropped and two days after it is released is just bad.

Blog Entries
    Our person responsible for pricing these priced them incorrectly to match the sale price that was in effect at another vendor. These are supposed to be identified during a final review stage just before release but they were not. Once they were on sale, they remain on sale for the duration of the sale before they are corrected. Anyone who purchased at the lower rate is able to keep those additional discounts. If we had dropped the price for an item that was recently purchased, we would grant a 30-day window for people to get a refund of the higher price so they could repurchase at the reduced price. In this case, it is the opposite and so it doesn't apply.

Pricing strategy and market share are topics that numerous books and articles have been written about, but I will say that I frequently see conflicting strategies proposed as the best solution. We have hard evidence on 1700+ products specifically in the gaming industry to rely upon for data and we have had numerous pricing experiments. We share this information with our publishers to help them price content and it is often priced at print prices or PDF prices as our two most common scenarios. When you compare PDFs with an FG module, an FG module is superior to a PDF in many ways and is also significantly more complex to create. You can't simply export an FG file from an InDesign file like you can for a PDF. When a publisher sells a PDF, they sell directly from their website (in some case) or they pay a vendor for distribution. Beyond that, they receive 100% of any revenue from that sale. For an FG module, they have to pay a distribution outlet (Steam/Valve, Kickstarter, etc.), SmiteWorks and a community developer like MBM. If publishers feel like they are getting significantly less revenue from an FG sale than they do a PDF, there is very little incentive for them to license us to sell content.

Pricing at print prices evens these things out and allows all parties to get paid. It is at the expense of the customer receiving a higher price point, though. It does allow for periodic sales to be run on products. At the end of the day, each customer needs to determine their own value and whether or not the value makes sense for them personally. If the product later goes on sale, they can make another value determination at that time.

Blog Entries
    That said, if you buy any of these modules this week, we will honor the sale price in the advertisement through Sunday (June 7) evening only. Forward your receipt to [email protected] and include the difference on the posted sale price and the price you paid. We will issue a partial refund for those amounts.

Sorry to hear that... IMHO the Ruleset cannot be at the same price as the Supply Catalog. As the adventure Marduk not at the same price as High and Dry. Before the price made sense as Marduk is a tiny module as intro to the system versus High & Dry that does the same with a lot more information.

If you don't want to look at those details as important then you can also check Pages to see the same:
    Rulebook is 243pages vs Supply Catalog 152pages.
    High&Dry 45pages vs Marduk 33pages.

Just content wise price doesn't make sense and as intro adventure something cheaper will make easier people to join the system with a different price point depending on monetary situation. Just my 2 cents.
    Also a supplement that we already own in physical format you cannot expect to pay again for it specially with such a small importance like equipment. At least I hope that at some point they consider doing a Bundle with those at a better price so you get some incentive to spend money on it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alfarobl View Post
    Sorry to hear that... IMHO the Ruleset cannot be at the same price as the Supply Catalog. As the adventure Marduk not at the same price as High and Dry. Before the price made sense as Marduk is a tiny module as intro to the system versus High & Dry that does the same with a lot more information.

If you don't want to look at those details as important then you can also check Pages to see the same:
    Rulebook is 243pages vs Supply Catalog 152pages.
    High&Dry 45pages vs Marduk 33pages.

Just content wise price doesn't make sense and as intro adventure something cheaper will make easier people to join the system with a different price point depending on monetary situation. Just my 2 cents.
    Also a supplement that we already own in physical format you cannot expect to pay again for it specially with such a small importance like equipment. At least I hope that at some point they consider doing a Bundle with those at a better price so you get some incentive to spend money on it.
    If you are not in agreement about pricing based on content available in a physical product, I would recommend sharing that directly with any publisher. Since our price matches that physical product price, any reduction there would pass-through to FG.

Thread Information