5E Character Create Playlist

Local Characters

Can someone explain why players can't save a local character which they can then modify offline. It is a pain that they now only seem to be able to level up during a session. This used to work in FG 1.5 but seems to have been changed in version 2.

apart from that I am loving it.

It would be good if there was a DM control that would allow players to sign out their server character(S)

It would be good if characters could be sort of a library we had more control over.

Sigurd
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

It would be a nice feature.
    Always keep it in perspective!

Seconded and third on this... (Well, my other personalities like it too. )
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

I'd like this too (if it needs more votes). As a newbie to FG, I've already accidentally removed a player's character from my machine once. I'm used to GRIP, where the character sheet is on the player's machine, and the GM requests a copy when he wants to look at it.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

I like FG's focus on the server character (DM's machine) but it has limitations. Used characters tend to get modified in game so the DM has the latest character. If you have a big modification it is nice to do it on your own time but you can't if the DM has the latest version.

Signing out the latest version or allowing the Server Char to Update the local char and vice versa would make it simple. I think some sort of checkbox where a DM would allow character upload or something....

Sigurd
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

Actually I'd suggest the following setup.

1) A function that allows players to 'Save as Local' character.
    2) An option for a specific to the campaign: 'Allow/Disallow local characters'.

That way players can backup their characters on the home computer but require the DM to click the 'allow local characters' for them to bring the character back into the server. Server character is the 'primary' and the backup character a preserved on a local level with the DM option to allow it in.

It also seems like something that wouldn't require all that much work to implement.

Thread Information