FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    50

    Creature Damage Mod

    I need to make a creature take reduced damage (as a fraction) from certain damage types... is there a way I can enter this into the NPC sheet as an automated effect? Is there a list somewhere for such effects?... Thanks

    R.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by rcruk View Post
    I need to make a creature take reduced damage (as a fraction) from certain damage types... is there a way I can enter this into the NPC sheet as an automated effect? Is there a list somewhere for such effects?... Thanks

    R.
    Not a percentage, which creature from what book please.

    Cheers,
    MBM

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Not a percentage, which creature from what book please.

    Cheers,
    MBM
    You know the one
    Last edited by rcruk; September 14th, 2020 at 12:52.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by rcruk View Post
    It’s the XXXX from the Great Rift 2: Deepnight Endevour. But shh don’t tell my players they haven’t met it yet.
    Hi Chap,

    You can edit your text to remove the name just in case.

    Looks like for this ONE monster that we need a system like DnD with resistances/vulnerabilities aside from Armour types. I've not gotten around to this adventure as I've not converted Great Rift box set, just yet....

    I'd roll the damage into the chat window and work it out personally.

    But I'll add that to the future todo list.

    Cheers,
    MBM

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    50
    That would be a great to have for home brew encounters also. I’ll go back and change my entry now

  6. #6
    Probably a good assumption that if they do it once, they might do it again. Of course Traveller is filled with one time use rules so who knows.

  7. #7
    Being able to set resistances to certain damage types would be useful or even different armor ratings for that. Maybe not a ruleset change but an extension if someone is feeling brave?

    Xargun

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Xargun View Post
    Being able to set resistances to certain damage types would be useful or even different armor ratings for that. Maybe not a ruleset change but an extension if someone is feeling brave?

    Xargun
    An extension won't work, as you'd need to override portions of the ruleset.

    I've been looking at some other NPC's, it's going to be a pain to automate these, but we can do over time.

    Cheers,
    MBM

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    An extension won't work, as you'd need to override portions of the ruleset.

    I've been looking at some other NPC's, it's going to be a pain to automate these, but we can do over time.

    Cheers,
    MBM
    Maybe add it to your effects proposals? RESIST%: KINETIC(33) or something like that. Then it can be applied ad hoc when needed.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Maybe add it to your effects proposals? RESIST%: KINETIC(33) or something like that. Then it can be applied ad hoc when needed.
    Could really use some sort of MGT2e specific Wiki for things like this... in this specific instance I can probably just double their hits to represent them taking half damage.
    Last edited by rcruk; September 16th, 2020 at 21:08.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre

Log in

Log in