STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Creature Damage Mod

I need to make a creature take reduced damage (as a fraction) from certain damage types... is there a way I can enter this into the NPC sheet as an automated effect? Is there a list somewhere for such effects?... Thanks

R.

Quote Originally Posted by rcruk View Post
    I need to make a creature take reduced damage (as a fraction) from certain damage types... is there a way I can enter this into the NPC sheet as an automated effect? Is there a list somewhere for such effects?... Thanks

R.
    Not a percentage, which creature from what book please.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Not a percentage, which creature from what book please.

Cheers,
    MBM
    You know the one
    Last edited by rcruk; September 14th, 2020 at 12:52.

Quote Originally Posted by rcruk View Post
    It’s the XXXX from the Great Rift 2: Deepnight Endevour. But shh don’t tell my players they haven’t met it yet.
    Hi Chap,

You can edit your text to remove the name just in case.

Looks like for this ONE monster that we need a system like DnD with resistances/vulnerabilities aside from Armour types. I've not gotten around to this adventure as I've not converted Great Rift box set, just yet....

I'd roll the damage into the chat window and work it out personally.

But I'll add that to the future todo list.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

That would be a great to have for home brew encounters also. I’ll go back and change my entry now

Probably a good assumption that if they do it once, they might do it again. Of course Traveller is filled with one time use rules so who knows.

Being able to set resistances to certain damage types would be useful or even different armor ratings for that. Maybe not a ruleset change but an extension if someone is feeling brave?

Xargun

Quote Originally Posted by Xargun View Post
    Being able to set resistances to certain damage types would be useful or even different armor ratings for that. Maybe not a ruleset change but an extension if someone is feeling brave?

Xargun
    An extension won't work, as you'd need to override portions of the ruleset.

I've been looking at some other NPC's, it's going to be a pain to automate these, but we can do over time.

Cheers,
    MBM

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    An extension won't work, as you'd need to override portions of the ruleset.

I've been looking at some other NPC's, it's going to be a pain to automate these, but we can do over time.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Maybe add it to your effects proposals? RESIST%: KINETIC(33) or something like that. Then it can be applied ad hoc when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Maybe add it to your effects proposals? RESIST%: KINETIC(33) or something like that. Then it can be applied ad hoc when needed.
    Could really use some sort of MGT2e specific Wiki for things like this... in this specific instance I can probably just double their hits to represent them taking half damage.
    Last edited by rcruk; September 16th, 2020 at 21:08.

Thread Information