DICE PACKS BUNDLE

FG Unity No broadband? Connect using verizon jetpack w/ no VPN/Hamachi!

I am new to game and I want to host. After reading about all of the problems with people using cellular I wanted to test something out as a simple solution. First I live on a farm and have ZERO broadband options. We use both Tmobile and Verizon with signal boosters for out internet. So today I used a Verizon jetpack to launch my test game. It worked right out of the box. I did not have to change a single setting on the MiFi. The jetpack acts just like a router which is why I think it works. With our plan it was $10 a month add-on (15GB). This may be a good solution if any users are in the same situation as I am.

I attached an image of what I am using. Also I did make two rules in my computer firewall for port 1802 when I was trying to get my cell to work but this should be unnecessary.

edit. I want to add I am still trying to get localhost to work. As of right now I can not get it to connect to my VTT. BUT I am able to connect through the cloud list as if I was a player joining.
    Last edited by bayne7400; September 13th, 2020 at 17:07.

Thread Information