STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Can't get pass "Licence key window" Continue button

Hi,

I have tried to install the program but nothing happens when I click the continue button in the licence key window. First I tried without putting in a key as a demo user and nothing happened. Then I payed for a subscription and the key shows as valid but nothing happens when I press continue.

Ye same, Ive never had this issue. Out of 4 new players trying to install, 2 had no issues while 2 can not get past Continue (with a valid licence key and as demo user). When they try to launch game directly through Launcher, it downloads for a while then says "Error: No data received"

This is a terrible introduction for new players, especially after I hyped the programm up. Please help.

I had to buy the program from steam to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Piffy77 View Post
    I had to buy the program from steam to make it work.
    You probably already did this, but if you contact fg support via email they will refund your first purchase
    Weird that only the steam key worked!

Blog Entries
    If you provide us more specific information it will help us identify the root issue and help you get a resolution faster. There is a link in my signature for a post with the generic types of information that will help us the quickest. Thanks!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    You probably already did this, but if you contact fg support via email they will refund your first purchase
    Weird that only the steam key worked!
    Yeah they quickly refunded my subscription and cancelled it

Quote Originally Posted by Piffy77 View Post
    Hi,

I have tried to install the program but nothing happens when I click the continue button in the licence key window. First I tried without putting in a key as a demo user and nothing happened. Then I payed for a subscription and the key shows as valid but nothing happens when I press continue.
    I'm investigating the issue. Could you tell me if your windows account is an Administrator or a Standard User?

Quote Originally Posted by Infirmus View Post
    Ye same, Ive never had this issue. Out of 4 new players trying to install, 2 had no issues while 2 can not get past Continue (with a valid licence key and as demo user). When they try to launch game directly through Launcher, it downloads for a while then says "Error: No data received"

This is a terrible introduction for new players, especially after I hyped the programm up. Please help.
    I agree, this is not an experience we want for new users. As a workaround, could you try relaunching FGUpdaterEngine.exe (usually found in C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\FGUpdaterEngine) and the click the Settings button. Enter the username and password, click Save and then click Update? I haven't been able to replicate this issue so I'm still trying to figure out what environmental settings could be causing it. Thanks for your help.
    Also if you could provide the FGUpdaterEngine.log file (found in the same directory) that could be useful.

We solved the issue by just trying what you wrote over and over until it worked for one of the failed users. I couldnt replicate it either. First we thought maybe it was where they saved the program, since the two failed had it in C://Programs whereas the two where it worked had saved it just in C://, but that reinstalling it in the same place didnt work either. All of them logged in as Administrator and manually whitelisted for firewall.

Going through the launcher seemed to be a lot slower (like a few hours vs 15 min with same internet (one that worked and one that didnt live together)). But it worked in the for both after a few trys. We thought maybe it was a connectivity issue to the server or server issues at the time, since the ones where it worked had installed it night before and the two that didnt work installed it on game-day. Hard to really say as its such a small sample size.

Hope this helps anyone.

PS: Once installed everything worked normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Infirmus View Post
    We solved the issue by just trying what you wrote over and over until it worked for one of the failed users. I couldnt replicate it either. First we thought maybe it was where they saved the program, since the two failed had it in C://Programs whereas the two where it worked had saved it just in C://, but that reinstalling it in the same place didnt work either. All of them logged in as Administrator and manually whitelisted for firewall.

Going through the launcher seemed to be a lot slower (like a few hours vs 15 min with same internet (one that worked and one that didnt live together)). But it worked in the for both after a few trys. We thought maybe it was a connectivity issue to the server or server issues at the time, since the ones where it worked had installed it night before and the two that didnt work installed it on game-day. Hard to really say as its such a small sample size.

Hope this helps anyone.

PS: Once installed everything worked normally.
    I must have posted this on another thread, but the issue turned out to be anti-virus software removing write permissions from the application directory. We released an update that detects the issue and attempts to fix it, but if you are running one of the more persistent anti-virus programs you may have to add exceptions for the FGU install directory. You can find the updated installer on the downloads page.

Thread Information