5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Group looking for 2 Players

Group of 3 looking for two more players to fill out our group. We are primarily into the role playing and story progression with meaningful combat to move us through our adventures. Collaboration and teamwork are the core elements embodied at our table and disruptive behavior will be frowned upon as we take our weekly game very seriously.

Any gender welcome but we would like to include at least 1 woman
    Must be okay with light use of Marijuana or drinking; we don’t tolerate over indulgence
    Not interested in bringing real world political, religious or other social issues to the game.
    Commitment is required. We understand that sometimes real life takes precedent but we make the time to play and are committed to it and so should you…
    We lean into our character flaws because it adds great role playing opportunities.
    We would like everyone be willing to DM but is not a necessary quality for entrance into our group

We want to be as transparent and clear as possible to make sure we get the right fit for our group and make it fun for everyone, including you. Being on the same page in regards to what we want to experience in D&D is very important. If you want to be a murder hobo and constantly trying to contradict what the rest of the group is trying to accomplish then we are not the right fit for your style of play. It’s not that we dislike that kind of play, but that is not what we want out of our time at the table.

We are offering up 2 positions in our group on a trial basis to make sure we are all a good fit for each other. Should we all agree to continue playing together at the end of our new adventure you will be invited to join our ongoing campaign of Storm King's Thunder. At any point you may be asked to leave or you might choose to leave because the fit isn’t right and that's okay. We have a great group so far, but we would like to add some diversity and meet some new people who love this game as much as we do.

Game Details:

FG License: We all have full licences but all you need is the Demo version
    Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: MDT
    Day of week and time: Saturday 8PM-2AMish
    If new game, planned start date: Session 0, Sept 26
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly 5-6hours
    Term: ongoing

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? Record yes, Live streamed maybe one day.

Role play & Combat mix: Role playing heavy with a good mix of combat
    Number of Players in game & needed: 3 people currently & looking for 2 more
    Character starting level & equipment: Level 1 as dictated by PHB
    Character restrictions: Non Evil

I will be running our auditions during the course of Sunless Citadel and characters should reach level 5 by the time we complete it. It will be in the same world as our main campaign(Forgotten Realms) and will involve wilderness, exploration, social(Role playing), and combat encounters.

*****Sorry for the confusion but we play in MDT time zone*****
    Last edited by LordDogg; September 17th, 2020 at 04:59. Reason: Wrong timezone used

My wife and I may be interested in joining/auditioning. It would depend on the time, however. Your post says 8PM to 2PM-ish which is 18 hours. I figure one of those is wrong, and depending on which we are free to join weekly. We would be able to join if the game starts at 8PM, as that is 4PM here in the US east coast.

We've both been playing since 5e launched, taking turns DMing our various groups. We have one full license, so we could DM if needed, or if we have content to run. We are currently world-building a new setting with a hand painted map and a new race with subraces, and 2-3 campaigns planned with lots of embedded mini quests and deep lore, it'll probly be ready in 2-3 months.

Hi there,

I'd love to throw my hat into the ring here as well, though being male I wouldn't be able to meet one of the spots! I am fairly experienced with FG/FGU, having run a long Pathfinder campaign in the former, and currently running a 5e campaign in the latter. Otherwise I've been involved in TTRPG since 2008 and in other forms of online roleplaying for years before then.

My time zone is GMT+1 but, assuming that the time slot is in fact 8P-2AM or thereabouts I should certainly be able to make it.

I'm also more than happy to answer any questions, and I like to think I'm pretty flexible when it comes to integrating with groups and playing complementary roles. Let me know!

Just an old GM who like to relax and play. Was either going to run one or join one. Ultimate License and a lot of free time. I'll even play the Cleric

I'd love to give it a shot. I'm new to FG but not new to D&D, and have been around the game since the early 90's. I have a professional audio and video setup as well, so I wouldn't look or sound off-putting on a recorded game, and I'd be willing to play any class that's needed by the group. Let me know if you're interested!

Thank you all for your interest in our game. I would like to find some time where we can chat on discord with one of the other players in our current group but it may just be me. Think of it like an informal interview where we have a chance to talk and get to know each other and discuss D&D in general. It will be an open conversation where you can ask any questions that you think would be pertinent to whether this is the group for you, so please feel free to ask. I am an open book and love discussing D&D with like minded individuals. I am free most of the time during the week(Monday evening I run a game though) so lets set up a time where we can chat. Let me know when works for you and I will do my best to accommodate each of you.

Hi LordDogg,

I am interested in applying to this table. I am mature male player that is new to D&D that is trying to find a consistent group on a weekly basis. My time zone is GMT-4 so the game time fits nicely into my Saturday afternoons. I currently own a licensed version of FGU and I am comfortable with Discord. I am very interested in the RP/Combat mix of the table and believe in working with the group to accomplish goals as a team. I have created a few characters with back stories and I would be more than happy to make any tweaks to support the starter campaign. If your team is willing to work with someone that is new I would be more than happy to join the adventure. Please feel free to contact me if you have additional questions.

Thank you for your consideration.
    Regards,
    Bob H

LordDogg,
    Thank you for the post. If you are still considering players I would like to submit my name for consideration. I can make myself available just about anytime you would like for the informal interview if the opportunity arises.
    Cheers!
    Finbar

If you are still looking, Im interested in getting back into RPGs. Played a lot mid teens - mid twenties, then life happened. want to get back in. Played a lot of 3.5, palladium, shadowrun.

kicks the tires... thinks this car will run
    )
    interested in playing

Thread Information