STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 18 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridhro View Post
    Nice to see someone so passionate about his work. I dont mind that you went into detail.
    About that reparsing thing, I noticed that you better not do it, but dont realise why you would need it as your upcast parsing works fine the moment you drag a spell to the action tab, preserving all other effects. The copy idea of Viviolay is a great idea if something did not parse.
    Works perfectly and will advise to those who ask about upcasting. Why do the extra work if it can be this easy.
    Yep the process of 'parsing' happens on drag from phb, drag back onto the character ( or other character... I think for the DM anyway. ) and also re-parse causes the parse to happen..

The difference is that 're-parse' first deletes all the actions and then call the parse process..

In the parse process, any defined 'actions' are copied over and the parse ends early... if the parse sees no actions then the description is used to generate them.

I'm thinking of adding a check like 'hold shift' on the re-parse to disable the 'delete current actions', which would allow the spell to flow down the re-parse without causing damage to the current actions list and then allow the spell token side to run and update the token etc..

Hi there,

I've just recently updated my thread, saying customers we had to delete all descriptions from powers and replace them with a link to the official source books by Smiteworks, meeting Smiteworks requirements for their data usage.

But we found a solution, of which you can read about in the equipped effects forum thread.
    This does impact compatibility with your extension, as yours directly tries to parse the description, which is no longer available.

I dont know if it even possible, but maybe you can use the data behind the link I always provide on the first line of every power description. A link to the spell from the official books. On the other hand the equipped effects extension creates a duplicate of that description, the moment you click the link to the power. So no need to click twice to get to the actual description. I really hope it is a viable possibility, as I really liked your extension.
    Fantasy Grounds Converter for Grim Press
    My projects:

Quote Originally Posted by Aridhro View Post
    Hi there,

I've just recently updated my thread, saying customers we had to delete all descriptions from powers and replace them with a link to the official source books by Smiteworks, meeting Smiteworks requirements for their data usage.

But we found a solution, of which you can read about in the equipped effects forum thread.
    This does impact compatibility with your extension, as yours directly tries to parse the description, which is no longer available.

I dont know if it even possible, but maybe you can use the data behind the link I always provide on the first line of every power description. A link to the spell from the official books. On the other hand the equipped effects extension creates a duplicate of that description, the moment you click the link to the power. So no need to click twice to get to the actual description. I really hope it is a viable possibility, as I really liked your extension.
    Updated so v3.0 will deep copy the provided first link in the spell/effect/power etc from the source book you reference. The result on your character sheet will look like a source book with your extra notes (if any) added to the bottom of the text. ( But might break a spell if it is supposed to have a link at the start !! )

This does not require the 'Equipped effects extension' to work, but is only processed when the spell/effect/power is dropped on the character sheet. The character sheet 'shortcut' copy will have full text PROVIDED you have the required source books loaded, just like the normal spell off the PHB would.

Note if you just 'look' at the spell/effect/power from the 'SPELLS' window from the right hand side selection, you will still see the link.. ( Unless you have the 'Equipped effects extension' enabled. )

Processing happens on drop on character, this includes drag-and-drop of a spell already on the character sheet back on to the sheet to duplicate it. So if you added a spell without the source book loaded, you can duplicate drop the character sheet spell back on and it will resolve the text, then you can delete the old version with the link from your character sheet.

I'm having a weird problem where with your extension loaded, and no other, dragging a spell to a character sheet causes two identical copies of the spell to appear on the sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearMonkey View Post
    I'm having a weird problem where with your extension loaded, and no other, dragging a spell to a character sheet causes two identical copies of the spell to appear on the sheet.
    Just done a very quick check with a new campaign and player's hand book, dragging 'fireball' onto a new character. I only got one copy.

spell.JPG

Can you post a screen shot and confirm if you are using FGC or FGU and that you are using v3.1. It could be specific to the spell source you are using.

Thanks..

Screenshot 2021-05-23 134506.jpgScreenshot 2021-05-23 134616.jpg
    Attached startup and added knock spell from PHB. It made two copies.
    I only get one copy when I apply that spell.

Can you delete the 2 copies, close FG, make a zip of the campaign... open the campaign and add the spell again and see if it add 2 copies again ? ( ie is repeatable )

If it does can you attach the zip of the campaign so I run the same check at my side to reproduce it. It could be a combination of the larger character sheet you have and maybe you imported it and some 'upgrade' happened or some thing. With the campaign data I can look at the action db.xml file to also see if anything looks 'odd' in the character sheet.

Thanks, Pete.

I get this same behaviour; when I load this extension and the spell tokens extension loaded at the same time.

edit; loaded 2.9 and don't get this issue.
    Last edited by matjam; May 24th, 2021 at 09:18.

Quote Originally Posted by matjam View Post
    I get this same behaviour; when I load this extension and the spell tokens extension loaded at the same time.

edit; loaded 2.9 and don't get this issue.
    I dont get this sort of issue with both extensions running in my test case area.

Can you let me know how 'consistent' this is, ie one double spell per 20 spells dragged on or 1 double spell for every spell dragged on...

are you dragging from the the 'spell' window, or using a different source like the character sheet ( or a different character sheet )

I dont know of any part of the code in the extension that would duplicate a spell, but it is possible the rule set has changed the 'flow' of spells to create a new edge case.

again, if you have a campaign that can reproduce this, please attache a before issue version and what i do to reproduce the duplicate.

thanks,

Screenshot 2021-05-23 134506.jpgScreenshot 2021-05-23 134616.jpg
    Attached startup and added knock spell from PHB. It made two copies.
    From the screen shots you have a character with things like effect actions 'dodge'... which to me looks like this character is one from a game which did have many extensions on, and when you import it into just with my extension it is possible that something already encoded in the character is causing this issue.

can you try with a clean campaign and a new character, to see if you can replicate this..

if not then we can try and find which extension 'adds' something to the character in a format that might be causing this type of thing.

thanks.

Thread Information