STAR TREK 2d20
Page 12 of 18 First ... 21011121314 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by razzed1 View Post
    I also started getting this error today. Every time I moused over an NPC description it would give me this. The NPC was NOT showing any actions in the CT.

Attachment 53220
    Just done some tests with a player and higher casting, and adding a NPC and using the higher casting and the npc sheet and CT tracker upcasts and all seems to work fine without any errors.

This is a clean campaign, new character... PHD+Strahd and tested with baba lysaga as I know that npc has the very common fireball spell... which i used on the player and npc side to check the casts at 9th level generate the required 14d6 dice and normal casts generate 8d6 etc..

As I've said, line 72 does not exist in my version of that file, so maybe a different extension has 'borrowed' the code to extend it. It would be nice to know which as I might be better to solve the issue with a proper integration instead of a bodge intergration.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by Seliathas View Post
    This extension has problems with grimm press polymorphism extension.

[6/17/2022 11:46:47 AM] s'GM(true) -> manager_polymorphism:PolymorphActivated; No polymorphism_originator DB entry found - CT node (combattracker.list.id-00002) not ready for polymorphism process.'
    [6/17/2022 11:46:47 AM] [WARNING] window: Unable to locate control (wounds) specified in insertbefore attribute for control (hptemp) in windowclass (ct_entry)
    [6/17/2022 11:46:47 AM] [WARNING] window: Unable to locate control (wounds) specified in insertbefore attribute for control (hptotal) in windowclass (ct_entry)
    [6/17/2022 11:46:48 AM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_power_asd.lua"]:1449: attempt to index local 'sPowerName' (a nil value)

Edit: It might also be their equipped effects that this extensions fails with and that way fails with polymorphism
    While not 100% sure this is the grimm press polymorphism, see attached below, i think it is.. ( If not I dont have the one you are using, can you provide some screen shots. )

poly.jpg

I did a quick configuration and changed an NPC and a player with the extensions and all seemed fine without out.

I dont use equipped effect so maybe a configuration of that might start to generate the issue.

Could you provide more information, test on a clean campaign with just these couple of extensions enabled... to try and see if its a more complex extension conflict that we need to track down etc..

at the moment I dont have the information required to replicate this issue, so further details are needed. ( Feel free at attach a campaign zip into the forum, or DM me a dropbox type link if you have privacy issues... or create a clean test campaign you can attach etc.. )

Thanks, Pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Just done some tests with a player and higher casting, and adding a NPC and using the higher casting and the npc sheet and CT tracker upcasts and all seems to work fine without any errors.

This is a clean campaign, new character... PHD+Strahd and tested with baba lysaga as I know that npc has the very common fireball spell... which i used on the player and npc side to check the casts at 9th level generate the required 14d6 dice and normal casts generate 8d6 etc..

As I've said, line 72 does not exist in my version of that file, so maybe a different extension has 'borrowed' the code to extend it. It would be nice to know which as I might be better to solve the issue with a proper integration instead of a bodge intergration.

-pete
    Older version of the extension has a longer version of this file... so maybe you are just not upto date.. v3.3 is the current latest versions.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    While not 100% sure this is the grimm press polymorphism, see attached below, i think it is.. ( If not I dont have the one you are using, can you provide some screen shots. )

poly.jpg

I did a quick configuration and changed an NPC and a player with the extensions and all seemed fine without out.

I dont use equipped effect so maybe a configuration of that might start to generate the issue.

Could you provide more information, test on a clean campaign with just these couple of extensions enabled... to try and see if its a more complex extension conflict that we need to track down etc..

at the moment I dont have the information required to replicate this issue, so further details are needed. ( Feel free at attach a campaign zip into the forum, or DM me a dropbox type link if you have privacy issues... or create a clean test campaign you can attach etc.. )

Thanks, Pete

Fun fact I cant duplicate it on a clean campaign either. Any Ideas? there must be something thats happening to do this? Ill send a copy of the campaign when I get it uploaded somewhere. But know it seems that the problem is actually somewhere else then in those extensions

-pete
    Thanks for the reply! I did some testing and cannot find the source of the extension problem, but I CAN make it go away by changing one of my options (I believe it was EE "Translate NPC Powers". Weirdly enough, I turn it off and the problem goes away, then I turn it back on...and it stays gone. I will try to do a little more testing later to try and verify this.
    Last edited by razzed1; June 19th, 2022 at 16:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Seliathas View Post
    Fun fact I cant duplicate it on a clean campaign either. Any Ideas? there must be something thats happening to do this? Ill send a copy of the campaign when I get it uploaded somewhere. But know it seems that the problem is actually somewhere else then in those extensions
    Many 'updates' can cause dirty database items to exist, as rulesets/modules and extensions update and change over time... sometimes 'odd' things can show up that are next to impossible to replicate.

Even with a copy of the campaign, while I have a lot of extensions that most people use, its possible that without the exact extension set I still dont get the issues. Even difference between windows/linux/mac versions and versions of each of these could cause a difference. ( very slim on the difference windows versions.. ) But so many things could be a factor.

It could be as simple as a database items that is classed as a 'number' but actually has a 'string' in it.. or one of the compound route classes like 'windowinstance' that got confused from a ruleset update.

Do you have any idea when it was working and when it started giving errors. As that might relate to a ruleset update or an extension date update.

Its also possible that if you delete the NPC's/player's off the CT and clean that down that adding things back in cleans it up and you never see the issue again.

It does sound like a polymorph that got 'lost', maybe the return cleanup failed in some way and left some nodes not returned as expected.

Sometimes getting to know the db.xml in a text editor and knowing what the correct things should look like, allows for a look at the data been loaded and an idea of what got broken. ( Or a node to just delete to clean out.. ) But this can get complex and I understand most people dont have the skill/will to go looking into the actual database files to fix things up.

Let me know if you if upload it some place... or zip with a password and add it to the forum, and DM me the password if that helps.

I'm happy to take a look, but I do think it will just be a broken database node that happened some how and is not repeatable... This sometimes is all it is...

-pete
    Last edited by bratch9; June 19th, 2022 at 18:34.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Quote Originally Posted by razzed1 View Post
    Thanks for the reply! I did some testing and cannot find the source of the extension problem, but I CAN make it go away by changing one of my options (I believe it was EE "Translate NPC Powers". Weirdly enough, I turn it off and the problem goes away, then I turn it back on...and it stays gone. I will try to do a little more testing later to try and verify this.
    Could be that the exact wording of an effect on a player/npc changed when you turned it off and that resolved the issue.

With so little information and now the in-ability to replicate it at your side or mine... its going to be hard to track....

I'm sure at some point some in your group will re-add the effect that caused the issue and we can look at that and understand what effect combinations in the effects strings does not flow correctly in the extensions...

-pete
    Last edited by bratch9; June 19th, 2022 at 18:36.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/string_powerdesc_asd.lua"]:10: attempt to call global 'getPowerNode' (a nil value)

Getting this error when the NPC applies Weapon or Spell Damage to a PC. I don't get the error when the PC applies Weapon Damage to the NPC. Note neither PC or NPC are using effects or spells.

Quote Originally Posted by houseofdexter View Post
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/string_powerdesc_asd.lua"]:10: attempt to call global 'getPowerNode' (a nil value)

Getting this error when the NPC applies Weapon or Spell Damage to a PC. I don't get the error when the PC applies Weapon Damage to the NPC. Note neither PC or NPC are using effects or spells.
    V3.4 should fix this issue for you.

Thanks for reporting it.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Thread Information