5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Connection Failure Due to Updater Out of Date

For about 3 days now I cannot load my campaigns or create new ones on FGU. Just gets stuck on the Starting Cloud Server Mode screen. Before I uninstall, reinstall, is there anything I should know? I run my games as private and cloud, no password. I live in Japan, but it has always worked fine until this week. Thank you

That's a separate issue. Please make sure that the date in the FGU client reads 2020-09-04 on the upper right of the launch screen.

JPG

Oh mine says 2020-09-03, how do I get it updated? I ran the update a few times.

Blog Entries
    MOD: moved to it's own thread in the FGU forums.

Check to make sure you do not have more than one installation of FGU on your computer. Search your computer for fantasygrounds.exe

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hmm that wasn't the case. Did a full uninstall and reinstall, still says 200-09-03 and wont open any of my campaign (backed them up)

Also same issue on my other computer as well

Progress. I can get into my campaigns with a vpn on, but still can't do it without the vpn. Unfortunately FGU runs a little wonky while on the vpn, as I am all the way in Okinawa and my players are in Oregon.

If I can get back to the way things were that'd be awesome! I'll keep messing around with it.

Can you attempt to start a campaign without the VPN, wait for it to stall, then click the console button in upper left, click the Compile Logs button, and then provide the log zip file?

Thanks,
    JPG

As requested

attached is the log zip file you requested. Thanks again for your help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I am having this same issue, and I am located in Taiwan. Following this thread for more feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by StorytellerMaster View Post
    I am having this same issue, and I am located in Taiwan. Following this thread for more feedback.
    Please provide your logs for the devs - details in post #7 above.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information