DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Helgunn View Post
    Seems there was new version released and atleast some bugs corrected, but the uploader still keeps jamming and asking administrator rights. The updater keeps saying "unable to save file". Picture attached.Attachment 39566
    Something running in the background could be removing write permissions to the application folder. If you are running antivirus software try adding exceptions for FGU.

Quote Originally Posted by smelton View Post
    Something running in the background could be removing write permissions to the application folder. If you are running antivirus software try adding exceptions for FGU.
    Ofcourse I have antivirus and I've tried this in two different computers, but same trouble with both. Ok, I will now try to find out how adding these exceptions...

Ofcourse I have antivirus and I've tried this in two different computers, but same trouble with both. Ok, I will now try to find out how adding these exceptions...
    I should say, depending on your antivirus software you may need to add exceptions for FGU. From what I've seen, Windows Defender doesn't mess with the permissions, however F-Secure does. If you tell me what antivirus you are using I might be able to help with configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by smelton View Post
    I should say, depending on your antivirus software you may need to add exceptions for FGU. From what I've seen, Windows Defender doesn't mess with the permissions, however F-Secure does. If you tell me what antivirus you are using I might be able to help with configuration.
    I have McAfee . Help would be really appriciated :-D Really cannot find any place there where to add such exceptions...

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    No help with this unfortunately. The settings were already ok but it still gives same errors, don't save files and never allows to launch FGU application... The old normal version of FG worked fine in my computer, but now Unity don't. One other (windows) player in our group have similar problems. MACs seem to work ok.

No help with this unfortunately. The settings were already ok but it still gives same errors, don't save files and never allows to launch FGU application... The old normal version of FG worked fine in my computer, but now Unity don't. One other (windows) player in our group have similar problems. MACs seem to work ok.
    Have you tried manually setting "Full access" rights to C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Have you tried manually setting "Full access" rights to C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks
    Yep, Full Access and Edit, but not working... It does not seem to save the files it updates.

Shiiit... Sorry :-) The problem was in the users\appdata\Roaming folder... Users there needed to have edit rights. Now, it seems to work. Difficult but yes :-D

Thread Information