FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Player's Handbook / DM Guide for 3.5 Ruleset

Did Smiteworks create the ruleset for D&D 3.5 for FGC / FGU? Can't seem to find anything on the store. I know that they have produced 2e but can not find anything for 3.5e.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TXCBoy36 View Post
    Did Smiteworks create the ruleset for D&D 3.5 for FGC / FGU? Can't seem to find anything on the store. I know that they have produced 2e but can not find anything for 3.5e.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!
    Sadly, because 3.5 was never licensed the only information that could be provided was what is in the SRD. It would be nice if they got the license, but doesn't seem like it's going to happen.

How do people play 3.5e? Do you have to build from the ground up?

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    You can load the SRD which gives you the basic stuff. But anything else you need to add manually.

From what I understand, as I don't play 3.5 in FG, many opt to use Pathfinder which is similar and has plenty of support.

Yup, I simply build the data stuff on my own (the automation can still be used of course, also related to this data)

Looks like I will have to dig out my old manuals so I can take a refresher on the data, etc..lol

If you build your hard copy of players handbook is it against the rules to share it with people?

If you build your hard copy of players handbook is it against the rules to share it with people?
    yes, sadly, except when they are part of the SRD

So, my understanding is that we can produce on our own, but we can not share it or distribute it.....

Quote Originally Posted by TXCBoy36 View Post
    So, my understanding is that we can produce on our own, but we can not share it or distribute it.....
    Exactly, or convincing WotC to free the 3.5e license AD&D is already allowed here somehow on FG, so, why not 3.5e, too

Thread Information