FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by EllivasKram View Post
    Attachment 39260

It is weird, as in screenshot - Only moaning about Rob2e/Kent's and one of your own Mods...
    Ya, some issues with the version comparison on a few. Beta access so can expect some bumps for a couple weeks, but next release coming this Sunday will address many of them and add support for quite a few more extensions.

This screenshot is moaning there are new versions available. which i have and but the updater EXTN seems to not see as installed...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Do an update. You're using old data still. Button at the top right. And make sure you save over the old version in your extensiosn folder. Even if it had a different name. You should only have one Mad nomad 3rd party updater file in your extensions folder, even if they have slightly different names / numbers.

If the extensions have extra periods in them for version, MadNomad has stated this is something he's already aware of -- like version 2.0.1 becomes 2.1 or I've seen it simply ignore and say 2.0 -- there's some inconsistency in that where versions beyond 1.x are concerned.

For example, up near the top (mad1), it shows the version different than extensions listed lower down (mad2).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Actually I should now support that versioning format. The main issue is that he needed to update. You will know if you have the new version because it also contains a UI change. You'll see some new buttons like in your screen shots.

But I see on your screen shots you do have at least a semi new versions. I thought I fixed those version numbers so maybe try reloading again? If not I'll review for the next update.
    Last edited by MadNomadGM; September 15th, 2020 at 23:57.

I've just found out that Unity does not seem to currently support semantic versioning of extensions, so authors, you may want to move away from that.
    Players, due to this, the updater may say you need an update even thoguh you may have the latest version. Unfortunately, there will be no way for me to tell.
    For example, if you are using the updater and seeing your current version as 1.2 but the available version is 1.2.2, you may still have the correct and latest version, but Unity drops the last digits. ".2"
    Luckily this is not an issue for many extensions, and even for thos eimpacted, you will still see if when there is a significant change to the extension because it will likely go from 1.2.2 to 1.3.0 for example, but something to be aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by MadNomadGM View Post
    I've just found out that Unity does not seem to currently support semantic versioning of extensions, so authors, you may want to move away from that.
    Players, due to this, the updater may say you need an update even thoguh you may have the latest version. Unfortunately, there will be no way for me to tell.
    For example, if you are using the updater and seeing your current version as 1.2 but the available version is 1.2.2, you may still have the correct and latest version, but Unity drops the last digits. ".2"
    Luckily this is not an issue for many extensions, and even for thos eimpacted, you will still see if when there is a significant change to the extension because it will likely go from 1.2.2 to 1.3.0 for example, but something to be aware of.
    Based on this renamed version of DeathIndicator to be 4.11 (instead of 4.10.4).
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

I'm seeing a ton of errors when loading this under PFRPG.
    Is this only for a particular ruleset?

I keep up my extension versions religiously - but I note now 4/5 of my extensions are out of date after a month of updating. Do I need to update them all again? Have they been lost? Yes, I've updated data weekly but nothing changes.

Your extension shows

5E - Death Indicators (Extended) FGU 4.14 4.13
    5E - Generic Actions FGU 1.9 1.8
    5E - Polymorphism FGU 1.8 1.7
    5E (and more) - Equipped Effect FGU 1.2 1.2
    5E (and more) - Map Parcel FGU 1.7 1.6

As you can see only one is up to date. The version updates I've sent to your web page range from a month ago to this last few days. I was under impression they were updated about once a week, so can understand one of these not being up to date but not the others. Let me know what I need to do for these to be updated.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

I'll take a look at it. I think it has to do with there being an FGU and non-FGU version. I may not have updated it correctly because of that. Gets a little confusing when there are similar, but different named extensions. I'll get a new version out tomorrow with these updates.
    Also keep in mind, that if the extensions dont have unique names in the extension.xml itself, I won't be able to tell them apart. Not saying that is the case for you, but just pointing that out. There were some extensions in past that had file names that had FGU vs non FGU, but in the extension folder, the name was identicial. That's a problem.

Thread Information