STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Mad Nomad's 3rd Party Updater - Keep all your Extensions and Mods up to date

Automatically keep all your 3rd party extensions and mods up for D&D 5e to date!
    Authors. Easily alert the FG community about new updates to your products.

Please note: this extension is is beta mode. So please bear with me if you encounter any issues on launch. I will work to resolve them ASAP.

This extension for Fantasy Grounds will automatically inform you of any extensions you have that are out of date, based on the best available repository of extension data. It will also provide you with a convenient list of all known extensions where you can easily go view and/or download new extensions.

The extension works by making it very easy and convenient for content authors, or anyone using the extension, to identify any updates and then make that info available to all extension users whenever they log in to FG. Also provides a simple and concise list of extensions with links to the relevant FG forum page or DMs guild page.

For any questions, please respond HERE or on my DISCORD that is linked in the extension.

Watch the video to get a full explanation and demo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUf1H0XRbOY

The extension is available for FREE on DMs Guild here: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/327...-Party-Updater
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MadNomadGM; November 26th, 2020 at 19:25.

tool is always saying some extensions are outta date?

Hi - The new 'Mad NoMad 3rd Party Update' tool is always saying some extensions are outta date?

Clearly Automatic Flanking and Range is newer than your DB list and a few others

When I try to report issue you cannot type 1.5.1 as periods are not allowed in html form.. it allow 151 only
    Last edited by EllivasKram; September 8th, 2020 at 22:54.

Ah good point. I should clarify that in my form. I'd prefer if authors didnt use that form of versioning, because it becomes hard to do comparisons numerically. So for those kinds of versions, I keep the 1st period and drop the others. So 1.0.5 becomes 1.05
    And ya I suspect there may be some version checking thats not quite right yet. I may have bad version info on some. But It'll get smoothed out quickly here. Thanks for identifying that one.

-- EDIT --

Change of plans. I think I will support the 1.2.1 style of versioning as well going forward because I am noticing some issues with comparisons that I'm going to have to address anyway in the next version.
    Last edited by MadNomadGM; September 9th, 2020 at 06:07.

Why not just do a straight text comparison rather than a version numbering comparison. you can just say Installed Version XYZ. Known Version: ABC. if they are different, you know you either need to update, or submit an update to the listing. no numerical comparison needed and authors can use whatever numbering system they want.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Ya that could maybe work. Fringe case though is when you have a more current version than the extension knows about that week, it would tell you you are out of date if I did it that way Whereas with the number, even if it doesn't know v 5.8 is out, if you've got 5.8 and it thinks 5.7 is latest, it'll recognize that you're not out of date, and in fact ultimately may be able to trigger an auto update of the extension database. Also when people reported in that they have the updated xyz version, and they THINK thats the most recent, i wont have anyway to really know if xyz is more current than abc or efg or whatever.

For now, I have not seen many authors who are not using numerical versioning. So it may not be much of an issue. But if becomes problematic can maybe try something like you mention.

Moved to the Paid Creations sub-forum. Anything that isn't free (including PWYW) should be posted in this sub-forum only. Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Can maybe devs have this tool for free to promote its use.

Quote Originally Posted by EllivasKram View Post
    Can maybe devs have this tool for free to promote its use.
    This extension is produced by a community developer and it's up to them how they distribute that file (within the FG limits noted in the sticky thread in this forum). If you follow the link to DMs Guild you'll see that it is "Pay What You Want" - which does allow you to get it for $0. However, if you find it useful and paid $0 initially, I suggest you re-purchase it and pay something to the developer for their time and effort.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I posted it there because I know some people look there for extensions as well as the forums, and I have other things on there. But no big deal.
    Paying is optional and appreciated, but not required.
    Last edited by MadNomadGM; September 11th, 2020 at 01:55.

Capture.PNG

It is weird, as in screenshot - Only moaning about Rob2e/Kent's and one of your own Mods...
    Last edited by EllivasKram; September 11th, 2020 at 08:58.

Thread Information