DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Updated FGU and now stuck at starting cloud server mode

I've been using FGU for the last couple of months for my Tuesday night campaigns with no problem. I was getting ready for the session tonight, and noticed there was an update available. I always update when I see it, so I did the update. Now I'm stuck at "Starting cloud server mode". I didn't change any of my computer settings from last week, and haven't had any previous problems with FGU until tonight. My game starts in 45 minutes. Any advice?

I managed to get everyone connected using my external IP address, but still couldn't connect to the cloud server.

It is always recommended to only update if you have a 48 hour window that you can test and get things organized. And certainly don't update right before a game begins. Can you provide the steps you performed in setting up your session? Also, can you ensure your router doesn't have an advanced security option as most internet service providers are switching to this and may play havoc with FG connections.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Please provide the version date that is displayed in the upper right of launch screen. It should be 2020-09-04.
    If not, please update. If after you update, close FGU, restart, and you see an older date; then you may have changed your application install location, and shortcut pointing to old location.

Regards,
    JPG

Sorry for taking so long to respond. Real life commitments make it difficult for me to carve out any extra time to mess around on the computer except for on Tuesday and Wednesdays. It seems things are working ok now, but I can't figure out why things weren't working in the first place.

My current version says it's 2020-09-03. I've looked for extra installs of FGU and don't see any. When I update (like I did this morning), individual modules sometimes update, but the version remains the same. My players were able to connect to FG Classic the old fashion way, and they were able to connect via ip address to my FGU last week. I checked a few times at the end of last week, and I was still getting hung up on starting cloud server mode. It seems to work today however, and I can start a session through the cloud. Thank you for taking some time to assist me.

Thread Information