5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    I have reset my IP address to another device which doesn't change. Not sure if this is a smart thing but it has worked for the moment. As I understand it this IP won't change, whereas my laptop's will from time to time. At least I know what to look out for now. Thanks for the advice, and Happy Gaming!

I've updated to v.3.3.11, the issue remains.

If you were able to host before then three things to check; first is make sure your network is set to private; second is to refresh your anti virus rule for FG; third is to check that your port forward rule is still set to the correct internal IP address since that can change.
    Check, check, check. Green lights across the board. Even reinstalled Bitdefender, removed the rule it had for FGC & readded it, connected to a friends FGC game and it worked. But my players still can't connect to my game. I can click the "Test Connection" button and it'll run its test, but it always fails.

I've done everything I can think of to fix this from my end but nothing works :-/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Badminton View Post
    I can click the "Test Connection" button and it'll run its test, but it always fails.
    This indicates that the port forwarding is not set up properly or is being blocked afterward.

I recommend logging into your router, delete any previous port forward and re-add it for TCP port 1802. Make sure that the IP address matches what Fantasy Grounds shows as your Internal IP.

Quote Originally Posted by Badminton View Post
    I've updated to v.3.3.11, the issue remains.

Check, check, check. Green lights across the board. Even reinstalled Bitdefender, removed the rule it had for FGC & readded it, connected to a friends FGC game and it worked. But my players still can't connect to my game. I can click the "Test Connection" button and it'll run its test, but it always fails.

I've done everything I can think of to fix this from my end but nothing works :-/
    Also make sure that you have disabled the advanced security if your ISP is one of these https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sers-Important
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    This indicates that the port forwarding is not set up properly or is being blocked afterward.

I recommend logging into your router, delete any previous port forward and re-add it for TCP port 1802. Make sure that the IP address matches what Fantasy Grounds shows as your Internal IP.
    Alright... just logged onto my router to try the port forwarding again. I added a rule only for the TCP: 1802. Tried FGC, and it works.

I tried port forwarding that port two days ago and it didn't work. I have no clue why it works now. Regardless, I am thankful its finally fixed.

Thread Information