FG Spreadshirt Swag

SWADE 50 Fathoms Savage Tales etc

Hi all. I loaded up 50 Fathoms for SWADE and it has the SWADE GM and Player's Guides (YAY), and Fire and Earth. But, the original 50 Fathoms SWD guides aren't there and as near as I can tell, the Savage Tales and other info from the Guides aren't there either. Nothing is listed under Story, Encounters, Parcels, or Quests. If I load up the SWD ruleset I see both the SWD and SWADE guides, but I'd prefer to run in SWADE. Am I missing something? I have a group I'd like to run through this as they're interested in a pirate campaign and I've heard really good things. Please advise.

There should be two versions of each module, a SWD player's guide and GM and a SWADE player's guide and GM, the SWD guide will not show up in SWADE.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

It's been awhile since I ran it, but I just opened my old 50F campaign and within the 50F (SWADE) GM Guide loaded, the first entry is (also) 50F (SWADE) GM Guide. When this link is clicked you get the single entry, Captain's Log. Once you click on that, the list expands to include a link labeled Savage Tales. Clicking that link gets you all of the PP and other Savage Tales links in the same order as presented in the book/pdf. These include links to NPCs. These are not replicated in Story entries or Encounters. If you want to use those, you will need to build them yourself as I did, which I recommend for a couple of reasons. None of the NPCs included are editable, so if you want to make any changes to them, you either have make copies of them in order to do so ahead of time or else you end up having to make them to each individual on the combat tracker. I seem to recall 50F being guilty of using the shortcut of "treat as pirates but armed with x," type entries rather than having distinct NPCs in a lot of the Savage Tales.

Secondly, many of the encounters have a variable number of opponents based on the number of PCs, which can be set up with FG's Random Encounters. So for example, for an encounter such as the one that is in the Savage Tale A New Tragedy, which calls for Assassins (3 per hero), but only 3 in total have black powder bombs, you can can have two copies of the Assassin NPC one with black powder bombs and one without. The locked NPC entry includes the bombs meaning all of them would have it unless you went in and manually removed it from all but 3 after placing them on the combat tracker. Then use the Random Encounters to create 3 entries of 1*$PC to generate an encounter with 3 groups of the ones without bombs based on the number of PC on the Party Sheet at the time plus 3 with bombs. You then drag the groups onto the combat tracker and assign one of bomb carriers to each. This gives you 3 groupings of NPCs which is usually better than 12 or 18 individual entries on the combat tracker each with their own initiative card or one big blob as you would get with a single entry of 3*$PC. The drawback to using a random encounter is you can't preplace the tokens on a map since you don't know how many there are until it is generated. I needed to do this since the number of players showing up each week wasn't consistent. If you have a dedicated group where you rarely have absences, you can just set it up as a regular encounter ahead of time and may end up having to delete a few off of the combat tracker if/when you have a PC missing.

Quote Originally Posted by mac40k View Post
    It's been awhile since I ran it, but I just opened my old 50F campaign and within the 50F (SWADE) GM Guide loaded, the first entry is (also) 50F (SWADE) GM Guide. When this link is clicked you get the single entry, Captain's Log. Once you click on that, the list expands to include a link labeled Savage Tales. Clicking that link gets you all of the PP and other Savage Tales links in the same order as presented in the book/pdf. These include links to NPCs. These are not replicated in Story entries or Encounters. If you want to use those, you will need to build them yourself as I did, which I recommend for a couple of reasons. None of the NPCs included are editable, so if you want to make any changes to them, you either have make copies of them in order to do so ahead of time or else you end up having to make them to each individual on the combat tracker. I seem to recall 50F being guilty of using the shortcut of "treat as pirates but armed with x," type entries rather than having distinct NPCs in a lot of the Savage Tales.

Secondly, many of the encounters have a variable number of opponents based on the number of PCs, which can be set up with FG's Random Encounters. So for example, for an encounter such as the one that is in the Savage Tale A New Tragedy, which calls for Assassins (3 per hero), but only 3 in total have black powder bombs, you can can have two copies of the Assassin NPC one with black powder bombs and one without. The locked NPC entry includes the bombs meaning all of them would have it unless you went in and manually removed it from all but 3 after placing them on the combat tracker. Then use the Random Encounters to create 3 entries of 1*$PC to generate an encounter with 3 groups of the ones without bombs based on the number of PC on the Party Sheet at the time plus 3 with bombs. You then drag the groups onto the combat tracker and assign one of bomb carriers to each. This gives you 3 groupings of NPCs which is usually better than 12 or 18 individual entries on the combat tracker each with their own initiative card or one big blob as you would get with a single entry of 3*$PC. The drawback to using a random encounter is you can't preplace the tokens on a map since you don't know how many there are until it is generated. I needed to do this since the number of players showing up each week wasn't consistent. If you have a dedicated group where you rarely have absences, you can just set it up as a regular encounter ahead of time and may end up having to delete a few off of the combat tracker if/when you have a PC missing.
    Thanks mac40k. This was exactly what I needed.

Thread Information