5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Start FGU in Fullscreen?

I'm not sure why FGU has been starting in windowed mode for me for a bit now, but is there a way in the settings to have it start in Fullscreen by default? Not very important, but a nuisance for me to have to click that box every time. Also, the radial item for full/window has been gone for a while. Is that coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by FXguy View Post
    I'm not sure why FGU has been starting in windowed mode for me for a bit now, but is there a way in the settings to have it start in Fullscreen by default? Not very important, but a nuisance for me to have to click that box every time. Also, the radial item for full/window has been gone for a while. Is that coming back?
    this bugs me a bit also. but you have to be clear its not full screen as in a game mode but just starting in full window right?

Yes, I mean to say, a "maximized window."

Blog Entries
    Depends on your O/S. In the Linux thread their are a few suggested command line arguments that can force it to start full screen or on different screens. No idea how to do it on a Mac. On Windows, for me it starts in full screen if I had it in full screen last time, but you can also go to the shortcut properties to "Run" "Maximized".

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Depends on your O/S. In the Linux thread their are a few suggested command line arguments that can force it to start full screen or on different screens. No idea how to do it on a Mac. On Windows, for me it starts in full screen if I had it in full screen last time, but you can also go to the shortcut properties to "Run" "Maximized".
    Unfortunately on 64-bit Windows, this doesn't happen for me on the initial screen -- it's just shy of maximized and even if I maximize before i open my campaign, when I close and relaunch FGU, it's still not maximized - just shy of.

Quote Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
    Unfortunately on 64-bit Windows, this doesn't happen for me on the initial screen -- it's just shy of maximized and even if I maximize before i open my campaign, when I close and relaunch FGU, it's still not maximized - just shy of.
    Yeah, for me the same happens

Right-click the FGU shortcut, and go to the Shortcut tab, set the Run option to Maximized. This worked for me just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulimo View Post
    Right-click the FGU shortcut, and go to the Shortcut tab, set the Run option to Maximized. This worked for me just now.

Ah, that helped, thanks Although the launcher looks for me very distorted now for some seconds after starting, but these few additional seconds are not so bad maybe (though in that time I normally would have had clicked the maximize button then )

Quote Originally Posted by Sulimo View Post

That worked for me....thank you for that. Completely forgot all about that option....although users *shouldn't* have to do that if it the app was holding the setting as it should, but a work around is better than nothing! Thanks again Sulimo!

Borderless window appears to have gone though?
    www.accidentaldm.com - The diary of a Newbie DM

Thread Information