Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre
  1. #1

    Base Spell Attack Range Penalty

    Hi there!

    I think the ruleset is not applying the Base Spell Attack penalty (or modifier) due to range as it does with range weapon attacks or other spell attacks such as Shock Bolts, for instance. Am I wrong?

    Pepor.

  2. #2
    Hi Pepor,

    It looks like I missed processing the items of type Special. I will add it to my list.

    Thanks,
    Dakadin

    Rolemaster Classic for FG Wish List - http://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Hi Pepor,

    It looks like I missed processing the items of type Special. I will add it to my list.

    Thanks,
    Dakadin
    Thanks Dakadin!

  4. #4
    This is on the test channel and will be on the live channel on Tuesday.

    Rolemaster Classic for FG Wish List - http://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    This is on the test channel and will be on the live channel on Tuesday.
    Thanks a lot!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    This is on the test channel and will be on the live channel on Tuesday.
    Hi there Dakadin,

    I think that the penalty is no being calculating right when the distance is 5 feet. It uses then a +30 modifyier which is when the range is Touching. I know it is a litlle bit tricky. See the images.






    02.jpg
    01.jpg

  7. #7
    Hi Pepor,

    I am actually calculating the range based on the closest point so the first image the range it zero and the second is 5 feet. The issue is the targeting lines in FG are using a spot that is within the token area which varies based on the size of the creature so I would end up with weird values when a large creature was being attack if the attacker was corner to corner with them. That is when I had to change it because as you moved along the larger creatures token the range was increasing and that didn't make any sense to me.

    If you want to prevent the +30 when the tokens are adjacent to each other I would just change the first range value from 0 to -1. Then you can control when the touch attacks apply.

    Dakadin

    Rolemaster Classic for FG Wish List - http://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Hi Pepor,

    I am actually calculating the range based on the closest point so the first image the range it zero and the second is 5 feet. The issue is the targeting lines in FG are using a spot that is within the token area which varies based on the size of the creature so I would end up with weird values when a large creature was being attack if the attacker was corner to corner with them. That is when I had to change it because as you moved along the larger creatures token the range was increasing and that didn't make any sense to me.

    If you want to prevent the +30 when the tokens are adjacent to each other I would just change the first range value from 0 to -1. Then you can control when the touch attacks apply.

    Dakadin
    Hi Dakadin,

    Yes, I suspeted something like that would happen. Thanks for the tip. I think I will end up changing the modifier once I resolve the roll on the table.

    Thank you.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
FG Spreadshirt Swag

Log in

Log in