DICE PACKS BUNDLE

[Extension FGC/U] Metrics

Hi

After some user request I made some very small extension This adds some separate distance measurements to CoreRPG rulesets (but not sure whether it works in all, 5e is a bit different in that regard, but one does not need the extension there)

What the extension does: It adds a new option in the settings, scroll to the bottom, it is in the section "Distance Measurement" and there are several options:

(I describe it now in increments of 1', but when the ruleset uses e.g. 5 ft., then it will be with respect to that)

Mult 1: That is the standard behaviour, the uniform norm, that is one diagonal = 1'
    Mult 1.5: Approximated Euclidean, that is the rule where the total diagonal movement costs 1.5*#DiagonalSquares*1' (rounded down), so, first diagonal 1', second 3', third 4', fourth 6' and so on... (in totals, I mean. In increments that is of course then 1',2',1',2'...)

If FGU, there is also Mult Eucl: Euclidean metric, so "real measure", rounded to the first decimal

Best,

Kelrugem
    Attached Files Attached Files

I installed it and it works great for me. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldAndy View Post
    I installed it and it works great for me. Thanks again.
    Cool

I personally intend to use the Euclidean metric on overland maps for measuring distances on the map: One can adjust the grid there to fit the scale of the map, then I make the grid invisible One does then not really "feel" the grid in the measurements because overland maps have often a high scale such that the grid will be rather small (one only needs to ignore the ft. unit etc. )

With the new update the extension does not need to cater for the Euclidean distance anymore (that is now included in FGU, as a button in the grid bar) But you can still of course use the extension to change the diagonal multiplier for rulesets not allowing that

In 5E ruleset, that is available as an option for Variant distance measurement.

JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    In 5E ruleset, that is available as an option for Variant distance measurement.

JPG
    Ah, thanks The extension is mainly for smaller rulesets like Symbaroum when one does not want the diagonal multiplier inherited by CoreRPG

Thread Information