DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 90 of 109 First ... 40808889909192100 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Psloni View Post
    Thank you for the prompt attention to this matter. I look forward to learning to use your product!
    I recommend you take a look at the video section, there you can find many examples of use:

https://www.rulesetwizard.com/video-gallery/
    Ruleset Wizard
    The Ruleset Development Environment
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials
    Damned's Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

@psicodelix

Ok, First of all, Thanks for the great product. Paid for a license and so far have truly enjoyed the GUI aspect of making a ruleset.

That said I have skimmed through the posts here and can't seem to find an answer... Is there a way to point multiple different labels/etc. to the same string definition? Having multiple labels on various forms/sheets that each say the same thing but each point to different strings seems wasteful and cumbersome to update. I would love to see a way to simply say "use the string XYZ" instead of retyping it for each label. This would also simplify the needed modifications of an extension that changes that data.

Thanks in advance...

EDIT:

P.S. If this does not already exist, it may be as simple as preceding or maybe enclosing the text with a special character such as a tilde (~), brackets or some other special character.
    Last edited by Xyvius; March 3rd, 2023 at 21:14.

Also, Quick question... Is there a place where the "upcoming features" are listed so we don't request things that are already planned?

Blog Entries
    You could probably make this with a generic control but you would spend more time creating each generic control than you would save Id imagine.
    With the GUI framework there are some things that you do lose, things that might be easier editing in the XML.

If you join the Fantasy Grounds discord server there is a fairly active #ruleset_wizard channel

I have not seen a published road map for the Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    You could probably make this with a generic control but you would spend more time creating each generic control than you would save Id imagine.
    With the GUI framework there are some things that you do lose, things that might be easier editing in the XML.
    I think i understand your point but I also assumed this would be a relatively simple change in code compilation from the RW side; simply see if it is flagged/marked as a reference to a string and drop the XML in the right spot. But I could be wrong.

My problem with editing the XML is that in future versions of the ruleset I would have to manually make these changes after every new version compiled by RW. (or am I missing something here?)

I have not seen a published road map for the Wizard
    I am not familiar with the term "road map" when used in this context.

Blog Entries
    If you are going to code with the RulesetWizard my advice is you do everything in the RW. Dont try and do some stuff directly in the generated code.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyvius View Post
    @psicodelix

Ok, First of all, Thanks for the great product. Paid for a license and so far have truly enjoyed the GUI aspect of making a ruleset.

That said I have skimmed through the posts here and can't seem to find an answer... Is there a way to point multiple different labels/etc. to the same string definition? Having multiple labels on various forms/sheets that each say the same thing but each point to different strings seems wasteful and cumbersome to update. I would love to see a way to simply say "use the string XYZ" instead of retyping it for each label. This would also simplify the needed modifications of an extension that changes that data.

Thanks in advance...

EDIT:

P.S. If this does not already exist, it may be as simple as preceding or maybe enclosing the text with a special character such as a tilde (~), brackets or some other special character.
    Hi Xyvius, I'm glad you are liking the wizard.

Regarding setting strings for literals, you are not the first person to ask, and I myself have thought about it sometimes as I often make and maintain translations of some rulesets.
    So far the least cumbersome way I have found to do it is to create an extension for the ruleset, duplicate the string file, and do a text merge when there are modifications to any string.

However I like the option that you propose to indicate somehow in the property to use the value as the string identifier instead of as the literal itself. I will approach it that way for a future update.
    Ruleset Wizard
    The Ruleset Development Environment
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials
    Damned's Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

@psicodelix

Thanks for the great product. Really useful in helping me create my ruleset.

Now to business.

I am currently creating a new ruleset for Battletech: A time of War. Things have been going well until I tried to do some changes to the Inventory tab of the character sheet. I had based this on the standard CoreRPG tab but wanted to add some checks to automatically updated the characters armour values on the main tab when items of armour in their inventory were set to equipped. I had done various changes but couldn't get the function I wanted so I decided to go down a different route. As a result I removed all the frames, windows and lua code I had created for this so it was back to the default CoreRPG inventory tab. It all looks okay and works fine except that the weight carried is no longer being calculated and displayed on the tab. I checked my ruleset wizard campaign file and couldn't see anything that would cause this. I even tested a base CoreRPG campaign and this works fine.

Can anyone see what I have missed in the attached files.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You need to add this somewhere in your ruleset:

Code:
    function onInit()
        CharEncumbranceManager.addStandardCalc()
    end
    Thanks. This worked. However the value is showing a whole number, no decimals. Previously I would get 18.7, 25.5, etc.

Is there any way if getting this agai?

Thread Information