FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 89 of 109 First ... 3979878889909199 ... Last
    error.jpg

See attached image file for an error prompt I get it when trying to inspect the code.

I also get the very first bit when I try to generate the ruleset (i.e. "/ can't be in a name")

Have checked all the controls and references in script to no avail: can't find anything with a "/" in the name.

error.jpg

See attached image file for an error prompt I get it when trying to inspect the code.

I also get the very first bit when I try to generate the ruleset (i.e. "/ can't be in a name")

Have checked all the controls and references in script to no avail: can't find anything with a "/" in the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillhans View Post
    error.jpg

Ok, as the error suggests there must be a / symbol somewhere, but maybe it is hard to find. Please, send me the rwp file to [email protected] to check it out.
    Ruleset Wizard
    The Ruleset Development Environment
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials
    Damned's Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Link between Combat Tracker and NPC sheet

Hi,

I am working on a ruleset for Battletech: A Time of War and have a problem I cannot rsolve.

In the combat tracker I have developed (based on the CT example with Ruleset Wizard) I have a link button for the PCs and NPCs to open p the appropriate character sheet. This works fine for PCs but I get a different sheet opening up when used with an NPC. Essentially, the NPC has two records - one from the NPC node in the database and one generated from the CT node.

I have looked through various examples and CoreRPG code but cannot find where the issue is.

Attached are the .rwp files and the associated .pak and .ext files - all in the one zip file.

The combat tracker is have created is the .ext file.

Could someone please look over this and suggest some areas to look at.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Without looking at your code.

When you drag a PC to the CT it creates a small amount of info in a new PC entry on the CT. Most of the PC data is not represented in the CT. The few things that are there are set to sync back and forth to the original charsheet record.

When you drag a NPC to the CT it creates a full unique copy of that NPC into the CT. Any changes that happen to that CT NPC only happen to that CT NPC and no other. Any changes that now happen to the original NPC will not be reflected in the CT NPC.

Does that shed some light on your situation or have I misunderstood

Hi Damned,

Yes that makes sense and now I have checked other campaigns (with different rulesets) I see what happens. I should have realised this but was kinda expecting the NPC data to link to the main NPC character in the same way the PC data does.

No need to pursue this issue any more as it is doing what it's supposed to. I just need to remember if I change anything on an NPC that is also in the CT, I need to change the CT NPC as well.

Blog Entries
    After you change your Source/Original NPC just drag it back into the CT and nuke the old one - dont go making your changes twice.

@psicodelix

I am probably the only person that has had this problem. I just bought the license for RW, but there never appeared any way to get a license. I DLed the demo just to check it out, but I really want to use the full version. I sent you a PM also about this. Please let me know what it is that I need to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Psloni View Post
    @psicodelix

I am probably the only person that has had this problem. I just bought the license for RW, but there never appeared any way to get a license. I DLed the demo just to check it out, but I really want to use the full version. I sent you a PM also about this. Please let me know what it is that I need to do.
    Hi Psloni, it looks like a confusion with your email account. I've just pmed you.
    Ruleset Wizard
    The Ruleset Development Environment
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials
    Damned's Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by psicodelix View Post
    Hi Psloni, it looks like a confusion with your email account. I've just pmed you.
    Thank you for the prompt attention to this matter. I look forward to learning to use your product!

Thread Information