STAR TREK 2d20
Page 80 of 109 First ... 3070787980818290 ... Last
    Ok, several of those requests have long been on the wish list, and I've added the missing ones. It is clear to me that the program needs more options to customize the organization of folders, files and assets. Those features will be addressed in the near future.
    Ruleset Wizard
    The Ruleset Development Environment
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials
    Damned's Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Hi Psicodelix,

I am starting to work on the Battletech A Time of War rules using the ruleset wizard and was wondering if there is dice string for exploding a die die only when both roll the maximum. The rules use 2d6 for all actions and if both dice are a 6 then another d6 is rolled.

I know how to set the standard exploding dice - 2d6e, but is there a command that will explode only if both are 6?

I suspect not, in whcih case I will look to do this in the code (as I have done with my original extension).

Thanks Damned, thought as much.

I just stumbled upon the ruleset wizard, and I'm wondering what it can do. Is the Ruleset Wizard useful when you want to create extensions/modules that modify an existing ruleset? For example, Pathfinder 2e?

I have a situation where I am using a Number Field, when the value of the field changes I check to see if the field hasFocus() before I execute the code, if it does not have focus I do not want the code to run. That works great. The problem is there is a stringcycler that is tied to the field, and when I click on the stringcycler it should only execute its code if the Number Field does not have focus, when I change the Number Field it gains focus and then still retains focus even though I've clicked on another control.

I have attempted to use onClickRelease() and onClickDown() to remove the focus.

onClickRelease(button, x, y)
    -- the control that has the focus
    window.starting_points.setFocus(false);
    -- the event ends here no matter the return value, which is the problem
    return true;
    return false;
    return nil;
    end

I expected that if I returned nil, the event would continue bubbling but the stringcycler does not change values when I add either event listener.

So either I need to manually turn the focus off of the Number Field or I need to somehow add the ability to setFocus to the stringcycler, otherwise I will end up in a onValueChanged loop between these controls.

Thanks in advance for any help to puzzle this one out.

Blog Entries
    You adding a script has probably affected whether the script that runs the combobox is being run.
    You cant have 2 scripts attached to the control.

Interesting, I went digging into the CoreRPG files and noticed that button_stringcycler.lua had a onClickDown event that simply returned true. So I added that to my script and inserted my defocusing line and today it works as expected. So, I guess I will chalk that up to "take a break and come back to it."

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though, as I had not thought to see if the underlying combobox code was inhibiting me.

Thread Information