STAR TREK 2d20
Page 62 of 109 First ... 1252606162636472 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by greybeardgunner70 View Post
    @psicodelix
    Is it possible to copy/paste or drag data from one window to another? I am finding I want to do a major revamp to the abilities tab (adding horizontal tabs to better organize the skill lists) and would rather not have to re-create all the work I have done so far. I would like to be able to paste or move the items from one sub window to another.

Possible solution: After I create the sub-window controls, could I copy my current abilities window three times, rename them to link to the subwindows, and then edit each as desired?
    Yes, you can ctrl+c, ctrl+v to copy and paste controls between windows. You can also duplicate windows by right clicking on them in the ruleset explorer and selecting Create copy.
    Ruleset Wizard
    The Ruleset Development Environment
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials
    Damned's Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Thanks! Both options worked.

I have created a "Skills" sidebar. The "Skill Cards" will only have skill description information on them, as the required data is already on the CS. What I would like to do is include a button or link next to each skill that will link to the associated skill card. For example, the player would click on "Acrobatics" and the Acrobatics skill card would pop up from the Skills sidebar. How would I do that? Do I need to have a "drop box" for each skill that I can drag and drop the associated skill card onto or is there a way to script the link field to a specific "name" in the Skills sidebar? See the image for a better look at what I want to do.

skillslist.png

Blog Entries
    Yes - you create (copy) the Link Field

Allow Drop: True
    Description field: name
    Self on empty: True
    Window class name: (this will be the name of the library class, not the character sheet class)

Where are rSource, rTarget, and rRoll defined?

@damned, in your videos and code for DBRHarnmaster, the Skills function header in your managerRolls script looks like:

Code:
    function Skill(rSource, rTarget, rRoll)
    The function is called from the rollable field "skill" on skill_detail by virtue of the value of "Result handler function" == managerRolls.Skill

Where are Skill's (and Attack's, for that matter) function arguments (rSource, rTarget, and rRoll) defined, and the actual call to the function made? I've looked everywhere (videos and code)!

Thanks,

- s.west

Blog Entries
    When you create a function you can define your own parameters - see the script in the last video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxAfyK4idBc

When using the RulsetWizards dice roller it always sends (rSource, rTarget, rRoll) so our functions that follow on from a RulesetWizard generated roll should always accept those three data sets in that order. These will cover almost every situation
    rSource - thats the actor doing the roll
    rTarget - any targets selected and whether they are handled as a group or each
    rRoll - the actual dice expression and the results

If you need more parameters, tack them on to one of those (I generally use rRoll)

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    When using the RulsetWizards dice roller it always sends (rSource, rTarget, rRoll)
    That's the key. How did you come to know that fact? In other words, where do I look (presumably in Ruleset Wizard) to make the same discovery?

Thanks!

Very helpful. I will confess that I had not spent much time navigating through the RW updates. I hadn't thought of them as a source of documentation.

Alrighty then!

edit:

Although... the lines:

It receives three parameters:

rSource will contain data regarding to the source character of the roll.
    rTarget will contain data regarding to the target (or targets), if any, of the roll.
    rRoll will contain data regarding to the dice rolled and their results.
    aren't exactly informative. What is the structure of each of those?

- s.west
    Last edited by swest; December 20th, 2021 at 23:16.

Debug.chat(rSource,rTarget,rRoll) is your friend here.

Jason

Thread Information