DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 54 of 109 First ... 444525354555664104 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by greybeardgunner70 View Post
    My Harnmaster build is working great! A couple campaigns the last year or so, lots of fun!
    I'm starting a new project, so get ready for some really knuckle dragger questions...

I would like to know if there is a setting or script I can include in a String Field that will have any entered text centered in the box. I have tried using the Frame Offset setting (ie 5,0,0,0) but all that does is push the entire box to the right 5 pixels, revealing the background color behind the box.
    Hi GBG, just add a custom property to your string field and set the property name to center:

https://imgur.com/a/AlMOZEb
    Ruleset Wizard
    The Ruleset Development Environment
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials
    Damned's Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

yes, there are a few properties that are not included in the wizard because they have a very limited use. Perhaps this one could be included...
    Ruleset Wizard
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

I am working on a mashup of mechanics from a few different systems to create a modern combat system for homebrew use. The basis for small arms combat will be the Phoenix Command Combat System (PCCS). PCCS is a 90's game that's usually in the top 5 of any list you can find online for "most complex RPG ever." Its really more of a simulation than an RPG, and looks like the mechanics you would find behind the ballistics engine of a modern combat computer game or sim. Having almost 30 years of military and law enforcement experience, I can say however, that PCCS is the most accurate and "realistic" combat system I have found. Bottom line, it is very detailed with lots of tables, charts, and multiple steps to get to a "to hit" roll or "damage" roll. It will definitely put to the test any VTT development program (not to mention the developer). So I will be reaching out to tap into all the great experience and knowledge the folks in the community have. Feel free to send me a PM if you need any advice on how to setup a night ambush.

First hurdle. This is more of a question to get me pointed in the right direction. I haven't kept track of the great work psicodelix has done since I was able to use RW to create a viable Harnmaster platform in FGU (been too busy playing it), so this functionality may be in the myriad new features and options he has included and I am just not aware of them.

The process to determining a hit chance in PCCS is multi-layered, but one of the main steps is determining the number of modifiers that would affect the roll (range, target size, target movement, environment, etc). I want to list these modifiers on the CS and give the player the option of selecting them to determine a modifier total. (Kinda like the modifier window and the modifier box in CoreRPG, but on the CS.) I imagine this consisting of a list of modifiers and a total box. Each modifier would have a radial button next to it that tells the CS to add that particular modifier to the modifier total. My question is this: Does RW have the functionality to do this built in now or do I need to script it?

you can easily design the interface with all the CS options, but you will probably need a script to process those options.
    Ruleset Wizard
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Blog Entries
    I dont think that will be too challenging greybeardgunner70
    Complex resolution systems can be made so much easier for the GM and Players using a VTT - it sounds like a great project.

Quote Originally Posted by psicodelix View Post
    Hi GBG, just add a custom property to your string field and set the property name to center:

https://imgur.com/a/AlMOZEb
    This worked great thanks!

As to the other, I will continue to build out the combat tab and work out the scripting once all the pieces are in place.

1. I do have a question related to my Harnmaster build. I currently have the Order column on the combat tracker linked to the CS initiative box. However, in HM initiative is dynamic in that your initiative number can change with injuries, fatigue, etc. So tokens are constantly bumping up and down on the combat tracker during a round, making it difficult to keep straight who's turn it is and who's already had a turn that round. I would like to know if there is an example or tutorial that exists that shows how to replace the Order (initresult) function in CoreRPG and insert a function where I can assign each token a number for initiative order and then rearrange them by initiative at the end of the round (manually).

2. @damned Actually I see your MoreCore ruleset has some of the CT functionality I am looking for. How do I get a peek at how you created those? Do I just need to download it and export to RW? Or would I need your pak file?

3. PCCS uses lots of tables. I want to create a couple boxes the player can input data (say "Arc of Fire" and "Rate of Fire") and have the result from a chart in the ruleset appear in a third window ("Auto Fire Chance to Hit"). Do I create a table and script the CS to refer to the table? Or do I have to essentially script a response to each possible input from the chart? Any idea where I might find an example of either solution? Of course, the preferred method would be to have all of that scripted to a single button, say on the weapons list, but I feel like that's the Mariana Trench right now.

4. Is it possible to setup a "reset button" that clears the data from a given set of boxes, so they can be reused with different data?

Again, I feel like a lot of these answers are out there, and I am making my way through the tutorial vids, but if I can discover a shortcut to a resource or example by asking a couple questions, I'm going to. Really appreciate the product and your time!
    Last edited by greybeardgunner70; December 7th, 2021 at 16:14.

Blog Entries
    You can use the Init/Order that exists in this same way. You could set up an End of Round function to zero out everyones init and then retype them back in.

MoreCore has a no init option where you can put a flag against each actor as they act and you keep going until they are all ticked. The ruleset is unencrypted.

You can use the FG tables functionaility if you want dice to roll - look at rollon otherwise create Lua tables and use math.random under the hood.

Yes, again just right a function to zero out those values on click release.

I think I will focus on expanding and refining the Harnmaster ruleset rather than creating the one for PCCS. It's probably just not possible given all the tables and charts that have to be consulted just to get to a single die roll. Maybe later when I have a better idea of how all this coding works. I would like to publish the HM ruleset but right now its a real mishmash of ruleset, extensions, and modules that would probably confuse rather than entertain. So I will try to clean all that up and have a more streamlined product. Plus I want to add some enhancements to the CS given what I have seen Damned do and what Psicodelix has added to the app.

Given that, I had a friend code the Harn rolls into an extension for the ruleset. I would like to integrate it into the ruleset, rather than have it as an extension. Can you provide some pointers on how I can add the scripts to the CS and ruleset? The extension he built includes 2 xml sheets with each button on charsheet_abilities and charsheet_notes defined. He then added a short script with directs how the d100 roll will display in chat as either a marginal success/failure or a critical success/failure. I have added images of some of his work below.
    HarnRoll 01.PNG
    HarnRoll 02.PNG
    HarnRoll 03.PNG

If I follow along with Damned's tutorial on adding scripts and linking them to the CS, will the products from the extension work or will I need to do significant edits? I'm not knowledgeable enough to look at the script and see if it will link correctly. I think I will not need the data in the xmls and can just use the script.

Blog Entries
    Hi greybeardgunner70

Without trying to read thru all your scripts please explain the roll mechanics to me in Plain English.

What dice do you roll?
    What do you click to roll?
    Then what do you do with the dice result?
    What are you comparing it to?
    What other factors come into play (modifiers, attributes etc)?

Thread Information