DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 47 of 109 First ... 3745464748495797 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by jharp View Post
    2. If you click in a field in the Properties list, say the middle of some text, then start to type an edit, you will lose the ability to use arrow keys to move within the text.

Harpo
    Yes, I have yet to review the way the property list works. Disabling the keys is to avoid another set of problems, but it is in the ToDo list.
    Ruleset Wizard
    The Ruleset Development Environment
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials
    Damned's Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

I have attached a zip with a .rwp and a campaign.

In the charsheet_main if you modify the Frame Offset associated with the WindowList1 and without leaving the field hit ctrl-s, ctrl-g then reload the campaign it will not have updated the offset.

Once I click outside of the Frame Offset field it will ctrl-s, ctrl-g with updates as expected. And I forgot to reply that I do have the latest version of Ruleset Wizard.

Harpo.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jharp; July 12th, 2021 at 20:01. Reason: Answering question posed.

I tried to implement a "combined filter" for a feats list in a charsheet but i cant get it to work.
    I defined a "stringCylcer" where i can set the feats type which should be shown in the featslist and a stringfield (advanced template : filter, like in the ruleset wizard video tutorial for filters)m which with i wanted to be able to filter the featslist of the selected feats type.

I tried to find out how all that filter stuff works with the FG Framework but i did not get it .. .. There is a "applyFilter" and "onFilter" method on windowlists i noticed by how can i trigger the "onFilter" for all windowlist enties with the filter logic of the combined filter creterias ?

UPDATE:
    I found a (the?) solution. When changing the "stringCycler" i will close all windows of the featslist und reopen only a new window for the featslist nodes with the featstype of the cycler.
    Maybe there is a better way but this works just fine ...
    Last edited by drvolk; July 14th, 2021 at 16:22.

The onFilter function is called for each list entry every time the list is reordered or new entries are added. In this function you have a reference of the item being evaluated (w) and you can compare its values with those of the filter criterias (the string cycler and the string filter). Then the function must return true if the item meets the criteria and should be showed, and false otherwise.
    Ruleset Wizard
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by jharp View Post
    In the charsheet_main if you modify the Frame Offset associated with the WindowList1 and without leaving the field hit ctrl-s, ctrl-g then reload the campaign it will not have updated the offset.
    Harpo.
    It is strange because in my tests with this project and following the steps to the letter the property is updated correctly in the ruleset.

Anyway, in the next update I will force the validation of the property by pressing Ctrl-G to try to avoid this problem.
    Ruleset Wizard
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by psicodelix View Post
    The onFilter function is called for each list entry every time the list is reordered or new entries are added. In this function you have a reference of the item being evaluated (w) and you can compare its values with those of the filter criterias (the string cycler and the string filter). Then the function must return true if the item meets the criteria and should be showed, and false otherwise.
    Thanks for that helpfull explanation! But how can i trigger a "reorder" of a windolist (featslist) within onValueChanged of the string_cycler control then ?
    I could add and delete a dummy entry into the windowlist maybe, but maybe there is also a better way ?

Quote Originally Posted by drvolk View Post
    Thanks for that helpfull explanation! But how can i trigger a "reorder" of a windolist (featslist) within onValueChanged of the string_cycler control then ?
    I could add and delete a dummy entry into the windowlist maybe, but maybe there is also a better way ?
    the applyFilter function should do the work:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdo...cp#applyFilter
    Ruleset Wizard
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

For those who want to start using Git with their projects but don't know how, here is a tutorial:

https://www.rulesetwizard.com/advanc...t-integration/
    Ruleset Wizard
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by psicodelix View Post
    The Default Icon is only the image shown for the blank default item.

As you noticed, there is a nodefault property that can be used to remove the default blank item (I've just noticed it too), and it will be added to the next release, but in the meantime you can use it with custom properties:

- Add a custom property to the icon cycler
    - Set the Parent element to parameters
    - Set the Property Name to nodefault

This should do the work.
    I am not sure if the problem is here again or if I am using the described workaround incorrectly but i got the empty item entry again

Here is the XML for it:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <root>
      <windowclass name="NewWindow">
        <placement>
          <size height="117" width="299" />
        </placement>
        <sheetdata>
          <button_stringcycler name="StringCycler1" merge="join">
            <frame>
              <name>fielddark</name>
              <offset>0,0,0,0</offset>
            </frame>
            <bounds>18,17,252,65</bounds>
            <parameters>
              <labelsres>NewWindow_StringCycler1_Label_Label1|NewWindow_StringCycler1_Label_Label2</labelsres>
              <values>Value1|Value2</values>
            </parameters>
            <parameters>
              <nodefault></nodefault>
            </parameters>
          </button_stringcycler>
        </sheetdata>
      </windowclass>
    </root>

That's for the Icon Cycler, and you are using a string cycler, which does not have the same properties.
    Ruleset Wizard
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Thread Information