FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 46 of 109 First ... 3644454647485696 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by jharp View Post
    Bug report

1. In a window it allows the naming of an item with a - character but on reload of that window it gives an error that it is an invalid name.
    2. Select an item in the main area that is not the top or bottom item in the object explorer. Ctrl-C / Ctrl-V. New object is now in the list at the bottom. Select that object in the main window or in the object explorer and attempt to send-back and it wont. Close window and reopen and you can now move it as expected.

Jason
    Ok, thanks for the report, I'll fix it.
    Ruleset Wizard
    The Ruleset Development Environment
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials
    Damned's Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Templates in Ruleset Wizard

Hello all,

I'm looking to create a button like the one in template_campaign.xml for button_vehicle_type.

<template name="button_vehicle_type">
    <button_text_sm>
    <anchored to="buttonanchor" width="80">
    <top />
    <left anchor="right" relation="relative" offset="5" />
    </anchored>
    <state textres="vehicle_button_type" />
    <script>
    function onButtonPress()
    local w = Interface.findWindow("reference_groupedlist", "reference.vehiclebytype");
    if w then
    Interface.toggleWindow("reference_groupedlist", "reference.vehiclebytype");
    else
    w = Interface.openWindow("reference_groupedlist", "reference.vehiclebytype");
    w.init({ sRecordType = "vehicle", sListView = "bytype" });
    end
    end
    </script>
    </button_text_sm>
    </template>

I know that in Ruleset Wizard I could create a template_campaign.xml file and manage the XML myself but I'm wondering if there is a way in Ruleset Wizard to create a Window and have the items in the window actually written out as a set of templates. Can that be done with some custom property in the window definition? I'm looking to avoid the XML maintenance if I can.

Thanks,
    Jason

I know that in Ruleset Wizard I could create a template_campaign.xml file and manage the XML myself but I'm wondering if there is a way in Ruleset Wizard to create a Window and have the items in the window actually written out as a set of templates. Can that be done with some custom property in the window definition? I'm looking to avoid the XML maintenance if I can.

Jason
    The template editor is something that has been on the wish list since the beginning of the development, and has been relegated behind other features, but it will come at some point.

Right now the only way to create templates is through XML.
    Ruleset Wizard
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Thanks. I'm sure there is a lot on that list. Keep up the great work and thanks for creating such a wonderful tool.
    Jason

Bug Report (let me know if you would prefer I have a single post with reports and just edit that post as needed)

1. If you have an item highlighted in the main window (it has the selection box around the object selected) and then change tabs and then change back to the original tab the selection box disappears. It is actually still selected as seen in the object explorer and I can actually still move the object.

Jason

Bug Report (let me know if you would prefer I have a single post with reports and just edit that post as needed)

1. If you have an item highlighted in the main window (it has the selection box around the object selected) and then change tabs and then change back to the original tab the selection box disappears. It is actually still selected as seen in the object explorer and I can actually still move the object.

Jason
    Hi Jason, a new post with new bug reports is ok.

Ok, I'll fix this problem in the next update.
    Ruleset Wizard
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

QoL Feature Request

1. If you highlight a line and hit - then it comments out the lines. If the lines are already commented out in the first column then remove the comments in the front of the line (keeping any comments that might exist elsewhere in the line)

QoL Feature Request

1. If you highlight a line and hit - then it comments out the lines. If the lines are already commented out in the first column then remove the comments in the front of the line (keeping any comments that might exist elsewhere in the line)
    Ok, added to wishlist
    Ruleset Wizard
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Bug / Lazy user protection

1. Frame Offset field is not updated prior to save/publish. (likely affects all fields but frame offset is easy to test)

Repeat by doing:
    1. Change a frame offset field (don't leave the field)
    2. Ctrl-G (you can also do Ctrl-S with a Ctrl-G and it still doesn't update)
    3. Refresh fantasy grounds - and you will note that the update didn't take.

If you click such that the field loses focus prior to the Ctrl-G then it works fine.

2. If you click in a field in the Properties list, say the middle of some text, then start to type an edit, you will lose the ability to use arrow keys to move within the text.

Harpo
    Last edited by jharp; July 11th, 2021 at 16:24.

1. Frame Offset field is not updated prior to save/publish. (likely affects all fields but frame offset is easy to test)

Repeat by doing:
    1. Change a frame offset field (don't leave the field)
    2. Ctrl-G (you can also do Ctrl-S with a Ctrl-G and it still doesn't update)
    3. Refresh fantasy grounds - and you will note that the update didn't take.

If you click such that the field loses focus prior to the Ctrl-G then it works fine.
    Sorry, I can't reproduce the problem, following your instructions it seems to work fine.

Are you on the latest version? can anyone else reproduce the error?
    Ruleset Wizard
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Thread Information