FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 108 First 12341252102 ... Last

New video tutorial : The Counter List control

Hi,

In my latest video you will learn how to use the Counter List control (aka: Ammo counter). Enjoy:

https://www.rulesetwizard.com/index....-list-control/
    Last edited by psicodelix; September 8th, 2020 at 07:36.
    Ruleset Wizard
    The Ruleset Development Environment
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials
    Damned's Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

New video tutorial : Rollable total field

Here is a new video tutorial, how to make a rollable total field:

https://www.rulesetwizard.com/index....e-total-field/

Enjoy.
    Ruleset Wizard
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

I am really enjoying this. I've been playing around with it all day.

Where is the best place/way to submit feedback on the app itself? Here or is there a discord or some other location?

Today I noticed that the windows were not honoring the width parameter when loaded. After cracking open the generated xml, I saw that the width parameter was misspelled.

Also, I noticed that the window minimum size did not appear to be recorded in the xml.

For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Hi mattekure,

Thanks for your report, I'm glad you're enjoying the program. For the moment you can post your feedback here.

I will add these corrections in the next hotfix which will be ready in the next few days. You will receive the update as soon as it is released.

I'm thinking about my next video tutorial. Are there any controls you find particularly confusing for me to talk about?
    Ruleset Wizard
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

I havent played around yet with all of the controls. One thing I wasnt sure how to do is to add a header with the standard close, lock/unlock, name that is common for nearly all record types. Also, for windows that allow resize, how do I add the little resize icon in the bottom right corner?

For the dropdown list, is the dropdown always sorted alphabetically? Is there any way to get it to sort in a specific order? In my example project I had a dropdown that had a movie rating, G, PG, etc. But when sorted alphabetically, they were all out of order, G, NC-17, Other, PG, etc.

Also, can you add the Multilinespacing for the labels control? Right now it would only allow a single line, but labels do support multiline.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

The dropdown has an "unsorted" property that causes the elements to be displayed in the order in which they were created. I will add this property in the next revision. I will also add multiline for the labels.

For the header text you can use the "Window title" property.

For the resize icon, the easiest way is adding a Custom control with the custom class name "resize", and anchor it to the right bottom, but you can add a simple icon likewise.

And for the close button you can use another custom control with the custom class name "close_base", anchoring to the top right.

Maybe I could add specific properties to the Window to handle these common controls, I'll think about it.
    Ruleset Wizard
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

A few enhancement requests.

Could line numbering be added to the text editing areas like the lua coding and manual xml files?

Could you add a new primitive for adding fonts. It would need a way to add the font ttf file, and generate the xml to add the font. If this is possible, having it added to the font dropdown list for the various text controls would be awesome. If not, then adding the ability to type in the new defined font name instead of picking from the dropdown.

you are a big fan of fonts, aren't you?

I'll tell you a secret. There is a hidden button in the Wizard:

fonteditor.jpg

At some point the wizard will include a font editor like the one you have described. In the meantime, I could allow the property to accept other fonts in addition to those on the list.

I will add the line numbering in the next revision.
    Ruleset Wizard
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by psicodelix View Post
    you are a big fan of fonts, aren't you?

I'll tell you a secret. There is a hidden button in the Wizard:

fonteditor.jpg

At some point the wizard will include a font editor like the one you have described. In the meantime, I could allow the property to accept other fonts in addition to those on the list.

I will add the line numbering in the next revision.
    I think strong font support would be a big deal, I would probably want to match fonts to the norm for the game being converted.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    I think strong font support would be a big deal, I would probably want to match fonts to the norm for the game being converted.
    Okay, the community has spoken, I will prioritize the font editor for the next big review.
    Ruleset Wizard
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Thread Information