STAR TREK 2d20
Page 14 of 109 First ... 412131415162464 ... Last
    charsheet_main
    Quote Originally Posted by greybeardgunner70 View Post
    psicodelix, loving RW, finding it to be one of the best gaming investments I've made recently. Here is what I have so far for a HarnMaster ruleset:
    Attachment 41660

Two quick questions:
    1. Does the software update automatically? Or will we need to download and install updates?

2. I am probably just lost in the terminology (windows, desktops, tabs, controls, etc), but I haven't seen a way to edit the tabs/windows (Abilities, Inventory, Notes) behind the charsheet_main. Do I simply create a new window and name it "charsheet_abilities"?
    Hi Greybeardgunner, I'm glad you like the Wizard, your character sheet looks awesome!

The program doesn't update automatically (at this moment), but you only have to download the new version and run the setup with the default values.

These sheets you mention are subwindows defined in CoreRPG "charsheet" window class. As you guess to replace one of them you have to create a new window and name it as it's named in the CoreRPG:

- charsheet_main
    - charsheet_abilities
    - charsheet_inventory
    - charsheet_notes
    Ruleset Wizard
    The Ruleset Development Environment
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials
    Damned's Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Also, is there a way to have text typed into a string by the user to indent a few spaces, so the text doesn't start right at the edge of the stringlabel?
    Yes, you can use the Frame offset property. Setting it to x,0,0,0 will indent the content of the control x pixels from left.
    Ruleset Wizard
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Thanks, the skullduggery will continue! More windows to conquer!

Another question: I know this will get into some serious coding, but is it even possible to designate a space on one of the sheets for a user to upload a character image? For example, if I wanted to create a space for a full body character portrait, and then use the head shot for the portrait/token windows hard coded into the sheet already.

Thanks, the skullduggery will continue! More windows to conquer!

Another question: I know this will get into some serious coding, but is it even possible to designate a space on one of the sheets for a user to upload a character image? For example, if I wanted to create a space for a full body character portrait, and then use the head shot for the portrait/token windows hard coded into the sheet already.
    Yes, but the image have to be a token. Just add a Token control to your sheet, size it as you wish and the player should be able to put tokens from the token box into it.
    Ruleset Wizard
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Magnifico!!

Harn CS.png

A great work! congratulations!
    Ruleset Wizard
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Blog Entries
    Magnifico!!

Harn CS.png
    I concur. Fantastic.

Small suggestions.
    Change Appearance Notes to Description then you can use the same large font as Appearance
    add a frame offset of 5,0,5,0 on the text fields like Birthplace and Parent Occupation

Is your portrait picture editable at this stage?

Working on dice roll functions. Is it possible to get info from more than one other field to show in the chat? For example, in the image below, I can get the target number (ML) to show up next to roll. I can add the name of the stringlabel field as well, but only with the name of the label, not the data input by the user (Harnic). I would like for the chat to show "Harnic 42" and then the roll.

Harn CS.png

@Damned, Thanks, I'll make those changes.

Not sure what you mean by editable. It acts like a Token window (it is a token window). So there may be functionality with that I am unaware of. The way I will use it is to resize images I want to use to 175x300 and put them in the token folder. Then I can drag them onto the CS.
    Last edited by greybeardgunner70; December 5th, 2020 at 01:32.

Blog Entries
    Working on dice roll functions. Is it possible to get info from more than one other field to show in the chat? For example, in the image below, I can get the target number (ML) to show up next to roll. I can add the name of the stringlabel field as well, but only with the name of the label, not the data input by the user (Harnic). I would like for the chat to show "Harnic 42" and then the roll.

Harn CS.png
    Yes. But with code.
    Ill make you a video...

Thread Information