DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    I recommend using the main DB package functions, instead of the individual node versions. It's safer for error handling, as well as a long term plan to migrate to DB package and deprecate the databasenode versions.

local nodeChar = DB.getParent(DB.getParent(window.getDatabaseNode() ));
    or
    local nodeChar = DB.getChild(window.getDatabaseNode(), "...");

Regards,
    JPG

Does this direct it to search the entire database or simply go up 1 level and search? The number I am trying to call is on the Notes tab of the CS. I am trying to get it to populate on a windowlist of a sub window of the Abilities tab.

Quote Originally Posted by greybeardgunner70 View Post

Does this direct it to search the entire database or simply go up 1 level and search? The number I am trying to call is on the Notes tab of the CS. I am trying to get it to populate on a windowlist of a sub window of the Abilities tab.
    This will go up two levels from the node you are currently at. Each getParent steps up one level.

Is there a discussion somewhere on how to properly setup the file structure so everything will be included in the .pak when it is updated/exported? I clearly haven't done this correctly, since when I open the .pak on my laptop (vs my desktop where I created the ruleset), my graphics aren't importing.

Every time you export it pulls the graphics file from your hard drive. So if you move to another computer and the images are not in the same location it cant find them.

Right, I understand that part. But if I were to want to export the ruleset and make it public, the images would have to be included in the .pak file. I need to know how to set that up.

The .pak file currently contains a Graphics folder, but it is empty. I could just copy the images into that folder, but there should be a way to have RW package them automatically, every time I generate a new pak file.
    Last edited by greybeardgunner70; December 9th, 2023 at 15:36.

To make the wizard add the images to the pak file they have to be included in the project, and the path must be correct. Nothing else needs to be done.pic.jpg
    Ruleset Wizard
    The Ruleset Development Environment
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials
    Damned's Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Here is the RW graphics file and the FGU error messages.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think that the file path is not correct. Looking at your screenshot it looks like the path should start with C:\users\toddj\ instead of C:\users\Todd\.
    Ruleset Wizard
    The Ruleset Development Environment
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials
    Damned's Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

That is correct. users/todd is my desktop, users/toddj is my laptop. When I send the RW file or a PAK file to a friend who is assisting me with scripting, the images don't go through to him either. Just as they don't go through when I open the file on my laptop. When I create the frames and icons, I point RW to a folder on my hard drive where the images are kept. So this is my question, when I am ready to share the pak file, how do I package it so the images go with it? When I open the PAK file, it contains all the correct folders (including a graphics folder), but its empty. I know this works somehow, since I have used/opened Damned's tutorial examples. I'm sure I am missing something essential in the process, I just can't see it.

Thread Information