DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 41 of 109 First ... 3139404142435191 ... Last
    EDIT NEVERMIND - I need to pay attention more to whats already in there. All the functions I mention are already listed as properties. I just need to use them correctly.

I have an extension that inserts a button into the header of a parcel record. It inserts it on the right, between the name field and the lock/unlock record. This was easy enough doing it by hand in xml, but I was wondering how I might do it with RSW.

My handwritten xml code looks like this.

Code:
        <windowclass name="parcel_header" merge="join">
            <sheetdata>
                <buttoncontrol name="idAll" insertbefore="name">
                    <anchored  width="22" height="20">
                        <top offset = "5" />
                        <right parent="rightanchor" anchor="left" relation="relative" offset="0" />
                    </anchored>
    I understand I would need to set up the custom anchoring to use the "rightanchor" that already exists on the window. But how can I implement the "insertbefore=" bit on the buttoncontrol? Thats what allows it to insert between the two controls without having to touch or edit them at all. They automatically adjust around my button.
    Last edited by mattekure; April 30th, 2021 at 22:23.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

What about if you made it as a Template and then used a custom control to place it? Kind of like my sword button I used. I have my file shared on GitHub, link is in the video

Here is my Need / Greed / Bug list. Over the last week I was shooting the videos of what I am working on and these were the things that jumped out at me using RSW. Again, I love the product and everything you have done. If nothing else changes I will still be happy with my purchase. But it seems like you’re not ready to let off the gas yet. I can not wait to see what 1.0 look like. This is the best tool for Fantasy Grounds yet.

Bug List:
    Issue: Arrow keys lose focus when editing properties.
    This is my biggest gripe. I can’t tell how much stuff I have accidently messed up because of this.
    Steps to reproduce:
    • Add a Number Field
    • Click on Name and name it “num_some_something”
    • Click before the “s” in “something”
    • Backspace out the “some_”
    • Press arrow right to move to the end of “something”
    • Here you will notice it loses focus

Issue: Console reports it cannot find fonts “idactivefont” and “idinactivefont”.
    These two fonts are included in the dropdown default list in RSW. You can use one of my files from the video. I have all the fonts setup on page 1 of the character sheet. It is probably safe to remove these two.

Need List:
    Feature: Double Click to Highlight
    On an XML page when you have an attribute with the name of something_something_dark_side, and you double click it, it will highlight the whole thing. But when it is LUA with the same name, it will only highlight 1 word. I would like _ be considered a valid character when it is testing what to highlight.
    I know it sounds petty, but I often use an underscore in my names and I often fail when clicking and dragging.

Feature: Rearrange Tabs to organize and close
    I would like to rearrange tabs for better organization. Right now I have to close them all and open them in the order desired. Clicking and dragging them to the proper location would be nice, but I could even live with a right click, move left or right option. I would like to also have the options: Close one, close all, close all to the right. It can have close left as well.

Greed List:
    Feature: A LUA toolbox.
    I would like on the LUA page to be able to store common LUA commands like:
    “Debug.chat(“blah: “,blah);” or “for i,j in pairs(blah) do …” I would also like the same dropdown list that is on the window sheets “onInit” “onDrop”…
    The expectation is the tool with have a few preloaded functions, but we would also be able to add our own functions.

Feature: Files and Folders should sort after name applied
    My ruleset is small right now, but I have misplaced a file or 2 because I was looking for it in alphabetical order. Did not realize it was not sorted. When my ruleset starts to get heavy, it is going to be harder to find the file I am looking for.

Feature: More Keyboard Shortcuts
    Ctrl+D: Duplicate Line
    Ctrl+/ : Comment line
    Ctrl+Shift+/ : Comment Block
    Ctrl+Shift+F: Search everywhere. <I was looking where I used a string the other day and 20 files later, I found it>

Feature: Intelligent Code Completion
    Ok, I know I am very much wishful thinking here. I am not sure if this is just an API or what. I know IntelliJ has code completion for LUA. I have no idea what it takes to make this, and I am a CS major. I never created an IDE before. BUT It would be super nice.

I hope I am not coming off as being too greedy. Any one of these features making into future builds will make me ecstatic. Thank you again for bringing such an awesome tool into our hands.

Thank you, all the bug reports and feature requests are welcome.

And although I have had to slow down the pace of development in the last few weeks, no, I don't plan to stop development as long as I can think of improvements to make to the wizard.
    Ruleset Wizard
    The Ruleset Development Environment
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials
    Damned's Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

I have a quick question.

I am attempting to input a ruleset for my group. I want to automate the math. How do I get the fields to add together? For instance Initiative, Dexterity bonus and miscellaneous that the Initiative field hase the end number.

I have been watching the vids. Can't find the info I need. Can you tell me which video you posted that in?

Blog Entries
    2 main ways you would do this.

If its a few fields only with simple calculations add something like this in the script section of the fields that contribute to the final number.

Code:
    function onInit()
        onValueChanged();
    end

function onValueChanged()
    	local nodeWin = window.getDatabaseNode();
    	local nDexBonus = nodeWin.getChild("dex_bonus").getValue();
    	local nInitMisc = nodeWin.getChild("init_misc").getValue();

nodeWin.getChild("init").setValue(nDexBonus+nInitMisc);

end
    You would do this on both dex_bonus and init_misc

If you have a lot of interactions you would separate the script into a script file and just call the scripts.
    Similar code. More streamlined but a little more thought needed in setup.

Quote Originally Posted by rjunkin View Post
    I have a quick question.

I am attempting to input a ruleset for my group. I want to automate the math. How do I get the fields to add together? For instance Initiative, Dexterity bonus and miscellaneous that the Initiative field hase the end number.
    Something to keep in mind. This type of code is always a push (addHandler is the only exception. But those should be last resorts) and not a pull.

What that means. In Excel I can add cell C1 by saying =A1+B1. This is a pull. You are in C1 and you are pulling the values form A1 and B1.

In most programming languages it is a push. So you have three objects (and for simplicity we will call them A1, B1, and C1) if you want C1 to sum A1 and B1, you need to push that from A1 and B1.

Damned has a good example to show you how.

(Forgive me if I over explained, I just saw your question and wanted to make sure we were all in the same mindset)

Quote Originally Posted by rjunkin View Post
    I have a quick question.

You can find an easy example here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdDsSmpt2mM

you can find more short video tutorials in my youtube channel, link below.
    Ruleset Wizard
    The Ruleset Development Environment
    www.rulesetwizard.com
    Ruleset Wizard Tutorials
    Damned's Ruleset Wizard Tutorials

Thread Information