DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 95 of 109 First ... 45859394959697105 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I also see varsuuk lurking! Hello stranger.
    Woo! Holas. Yeah, been a crazy transition at work and with all the stuff to do at the new house. Then, unfortunately a little over a month ago my dad passed while hospitalized. At least I got to be there before he went. Unfortunately since he did pass, I ended up staying in Florida for 3 weeks helping setup things for my mom and her twin at the house. Then went back to NY for 2 weeks then flew back the weekend before this past one to attend the funeral. At least I had my wife and son with me that time. Then... all the lawyer and bank stuff trying to setup PoAs so can take over paying all the regular bills since she is 88 and not well. My dad used to do it all.

Anyhow - saw this cos I was coming by to ask (on White Lies 5 now that swapped from Dungeon World) so I could better understand as I followed along:
    When I used to create stuff in XML, I'd setup controls and then add a following control that did things like anchor to "inside right" or whatever to place labels and whatever.
    I did a simple header (while I first was watching your Dungeon World instructions) and I put a label inside the multicolor frame.

I was looking at the bazillion properties on the FGLabel and couldn't see how to duplicate the <anchor> type settings (need to look at confluence to remember them) that I would do with multiple anchor points etc.
    I see "Advanced Anchoring" and "Custom Anchoring" they differ but both seem to only allow one parent and one anchor point (and not things like insidebottom or what have you - remember the grid? )

So... just using X position and Y position is working, but it seems the "parent" is always the charsheet. So that means static locations which is fine for this. But I figure this tool is so involved and comprehensive that there is a way to do field anchoring vs always explicit locations. And I figure one of the videos will cover this. but I wanted to save going back to change controls cos basically I will start with 4 of those and later make some abil score ones that too will want anchoring.

Perhaps if you know which video might cover this, I'll poke till find it then return to watching in order. I get it if you don't recall which out of so many. There is a GOOD argument for watching once without following along to get the overview then rewatching but it's easier to keep focuse for me if I go along doing my own as I watch em.

EDIT: Added pic of the DW-esque simple UI I am doing cos as you may recall I have no artistic executive decision making skills (or even basic art skills)
    header.jpg

Blog Entries
    Im sorry to hear of your fathers passing.
    I did laugh at the thought of your father and your mother and her twin... that could be everymans dream or nightmare...
    Hopefully life is rebalancing for you.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Im sorry to hear of your fathers passing.
    I did laugh at the thought of your father and your mother and her twin... that could be everymans dream or nightmare...
    Hopefully life is rebalancing for you.
    They are identical twins. My mom was always the "fun one" and... well the nice "Evil Twin" (she did all the things like get her sister to sit in classes or when she didn't like a boy anymore she'd say she was "Maria", etc. My aunt (I refer to her as Madrina, ie: Godmother) moved in with them around 2001/2? when her husband died. It was definitely not my dad's dream lol. She can be a lot to navigate at times, but my mom and her are like 2 peas in a pod so... my dad was always the saint and took her in (he had my mom's parents living with us from the day we came to this country until they passed - though to be fair, he got along great with both of them. So other than the normal issues with having others in the house, it wasn't a hardship.
    EDIT: In fact, my mom and her were pregnant at the same time (remember, pre-late 30s you couldn't tell them apart without REALLY knowing them) and my cousin and I are only 23 days apart.

AH - yeah, I think absolute works for me in many cases and I suppose I will see in videos how fields can still expand when a dialog is expanded. If not, then I'll have to learn how to do that cos different folks like to size things differently than I do, I am sure. But it isn't a hardship as long as it is sized the way >I< want it hehe. I just figure with all those properties there has to be a way other than manually editing it and then not being able to regen that portion of it anymore.

Anyhow, did decide to put off more work and just WATCH videos to learn the new tool and refresh outdated knowledge. I find the "official website" videos hard to watch since they are silent and that causes my mind and attention to constantly wander unfortunately. Im sure for most normal folks they work 100% well enough cos he does a great job of captioning them.

Nighters!

Any advice on how to add "resources" to RWP projects?

I created all the dirs we expect in corerpg. I added my graphics to graphics/icons/... and frames/...
    I've been committing my code as I got and branching to test things. Then I noticed when I looked in the directories that the only files in the actual (I click for flat text like yu suggested) project dir is:

Code:
    DanDe@Celeborn MINGW64 /d/Development/Ruleset Wizard/Adventures Dark and Deep (feature/add_intial_utility_and_data_scripts)
    $ ls -lrt
    total 336
    -rw-r--r-- 1 DanDe 197609   4686 Jun  1 13:06 ADD_Ruleset_Notes.txt
    -rw-r--r-- 1 DanDe 197609  17938 Jun  1 13:06 logo.png
    -rw-r--r-- 1 DanDe 197609  11148 Jun  1 13:06 rulesetlogo.png
    -rw-r--r-- 1 DanDe 197609 302540 Jun  1 14:21 AdventuresDarkAndDeep.rwp
    drwxr-xr-x 1 DanDe 197609      0 Jun  1 14:21 AdventuresDarkAndDeep/

DanDe@Celeborn MINGW64 /d/Development/Ruleset Wizard/Adventures Dark and Deep (feature/add_intial_utility_and_data_scripts)
    $ ls -lrt AdventuresDarkAndDeep
    total 0
    drwxr-xr-x 1 DanDe 197609 0 Jun  1 14:21 windows/
    drwxr-xr-x 1 DanDe 197609 0 Jun  1 14:21 scripts/
    drwxr-xr-x 1 DanDe 197609 0 Jun  1 14:21 xml/

$
    My .pngs and .jpgs etc are still in the directories I dragged to the RWP gui from. (lI added them in "the new way" you described in videos but old way had same results)
    Should I be creating those same subdirs to store the graphics under the ruleset dir, creating a sibling to windows/scripts/xml existing dirs?

I am guessing it only added a path to the actual residing dir of the art file instead of bringing it in - but I'd like to repo ALL the files I use.

Is there anyplace to read on best practices or specific videos?

Blog Entries
    The RSW wizard layout is not replicated fully into the PAK file unfortunately.
    I replicate the graphics folder structure in my RWP save file location for my own benefit but its not needed.
    I would like it if RSW would generate the files more closely to CoreRPG.

My recommendation is that you work only in RSW if you are going to use it.
    Editing files manually and using RSW is likely to cause you issues.

Gotcha. What I was confused about is: I clicked add icon as an example and navigated to a location on my hard drive.

I generate the ruleset and voila, the icon shows up.

Thorn I did a search in the ruleset “project directory” and didn’t see the icon. So I assume it’s in one of the rxf or whatever extension files as a path to the real location in my HD. Then when it generates it it puts it into the park. But I’d like to commit the rwp files along with the images I added. So what I am asking is, should I create in the rwp folders an extra “graphics” or resources for to stick all the images I will “navigate to” when adding it to rwp project?

So I can commit those as well since overtime I might move them about otherwise.

Or - did I miss it and RW copies them somewhere I didn’t see?

Thread Information