Starfinder Playlist
Page 21 of 24 First ... 111920212223 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier7 View Post
    Sorry, just coming back to this now. This is great - thank you for looking into it!

I think I have it set correctly now and can't wait to try it!

Edit; what does the universal Double Dice option do? I guess it should be self explanatory, but I have it turned off and still get double dice on crits - which is how I want it, but I thought perhaps this option isn't working as intended.
    Sorry! Didn't see your edit!

That option doubles the damage that is rolled for the selected die type. For example, if you have it set to "Damage Dice" it would result in the following result for a greatsword (2d6 + 5 for example) on a critical hit:

Rolled : damage dice=3,5; critical dice=2,3; modifier=5: TOTAL DAMAGE = (3+5) + (2+3) + 5 = 18
    Modified: damage dice=3*2+5*2; critical dice=2,3; modifier=5: TOTAL DAMAGE = (6+10) + (2+3) + 5 = 26

I did that so I could emulate 2E crits where the damage roll was doubled. To do that, set the "Disable Crit Damage Dice" to "Remove crit die" and the "Double Dice" to "Damage", in the above critical example, iit would then be:

Rolled: damage dice=3,5; critical dice are removed so they aren't even there; modifier=5: TOTAL DAMAGE = 13
    Modified: damage dice=3*2,5*2; no crit dice; modifier=5: TOTAL DAMAGE = 21.

The "Double Dice" option is there, not to double the amount of dice rolled, but to double the damage that was rolled for the specified dice.

So, if you wanted the MASSIVE damage, you'd set that to "All" and MAX everything. Then, the above example would result in:

DOUBLE(MAX(2d6)) + DOUBLE(MAX(2d6)) + 5 = (12+12)+(12+12)+5 = 53

but you shouldn't do that hehe

Hope that's clearer than mud.

Actually, I'll change the name of that in a future release to something like "Double damage for..." or something - that would make it easier to understand.
    Last edited by TheoGeek; February 25th, 2023 at 05:46.

Critical button is throwing an error.
    [2/25/2023 6:59:21 PM] s'[Warning] 'AutoFlankingAndRange' Unknown range between the source and target' | databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00001 } | nil
    [2/25/2023 6:59:21 PM] s'[Warning] 'AutoFlankingAndRange' Unknown range between the source and target' | databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00010 } | nil
    [2/25/2023 6:59:21 PM] s'[Warning] 'AutoFlankingAndRange' Unknown range between the source and target' | databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00008 } | nil
    [2/25/2023 6:59:21 PM] s'[Warning] 'AutoFlankingAndRange' Unknown range between the source and target' | databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00001 } | nil
    [2/25/2023 6:59:21 PM] s'[Warning] 'AutoFlankingAndRange' Unknown range between the source and target' | databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00012 } | nil
    [2/25/2023 6:59:21 PM] s'[Warning] 'AutoFlankingAndRange' Unknown range between the source and target' | databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00019 } | nil
    [2/25/2023 6:59:21 PM] s'[Warning] 'AutoFlankingAndRange' Unknown range between the source and target' | databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00009 } | nil
    [2/25/2023 6:59:21 PM] s'[Warning] 'AutoFlankingAndRange' Unknown range between the source and target' | databasenode = { combattracker.list.id-00006 } | nil
    [2/25/2023 6:59:32 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "..ek-ImprovedCritical:..mprovedCritical.lua"]:398: attempt to call field 'getReductionType' (a nil value)
    [2/25/2023 7:00:04 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "..ek-ImprovedCritical:..mprovedCritical.lua"]:398: attempt to call field 'getReductionType' (a nil value)

Oddly enough, criticals work when you have the MAX button clicked. It is effecting all critical rolls and not applying any damage (does not show on the console either).

What version of the extension are you using? I ask because I took that "getReductionType" function call out like a year ago, and the version where it was at line number 398 was from almost 2 years ago.

You should be on version 8.4.2...it looks like you have version 5.2 or something.

Gotcha. Look like I do have 2 versions in the load screen. I have the 5.2 loaded. There is another one available that just has the name and no version. I think I had downloaded one from the forums a long time ago and then got it again when the forge came online. I thought I had tested these out a while back and was getting issues with the other. Let me try switching them out and seeing if that works. Sorry for any confusion. Thanks!

UPDATE: I had the wrong one loaded. I can't see to find where I have both extensions downloaded. I only see the one in the extension folder. Does Forge download to a different folder?
    Last edited by claedawg; February 26th, 2023 at 13:11. Reason: Updating

The Forge should put this in the "extensions" folder. If I were you, I would delete the .ext files. If you downloaded it from the forums AND have it owned on the forge, there might be two files:

Theogeek-ImprovedCritical.ext
    5E-Theogeek-ImprovedCritical.ext

Also, make sure you don't have any of those unzipped into a folder.

I renamed it to drop the "5E-" part a long time ago.

But if you delete both of those , the next time you press the "Check For Updates" button on the FGU launcher, it'll fetch the latest version.

I have no idea why you have one that looks like it doesn't have a version...I've had versions on that for a very long time.

Let me know if that fixes the version thing...and you may need to do that with all of your extensions if you've downloaded them from the forums and the Forge.

Later!
    Jeff.

Noting the problems with the old Improved Critical with the new FGU, for the first time, I downloaded and installed this extension from the Forge (thank you for the extension, BTW, it's great!). But it doesn't seem to be "on". I see Fantasy Grounds Updater pick it up, I see it Enabled in my Inventory, I see the Theogeek-ImprovedCritical.ext in the /extensions folder, but I no longer get the text notification in the chatbox when I start up FGU, and it doesn't seem to be active. Is there another step I need to follow to "turn it on", as it were?

Thanks in advance for assistance!

Quote Originally Posted by Jestertrek View Post
    Noting the problems with the old Improved Critical with the new FGU, for the first time, I downloaded and installed this extension from the Forge (thank you for the extension, BTW, it's great!). But it doesn't seem to be "on". I see Fantasy Grounds Updater pick it up, I see it Enabled in my Inventory, I see the Theogeek-ImprovedCritical.ext in the /extensions folder, but I no longer get the text notification in the chatbox when I start up FGU, and it doesn't seem to be active. Is there another step I need to follow to "turn it on", as it were?

Thanks in advance for assistance!
    If you aren't seeing the text in the chat box with the "Theogeek's Improved Critical v8.4.2 for 5E/PFRPG2 ruleset." that means it's not loaded. If you are selecting it when you load your campaign and it's still not showing up, and there's no error in the console (which would pop up automatically if there were), then there's a problem with your setup or something...not sure what that would be.

Assuming you are seeing that, there is a setting in the "Options -> Improved Critical: PC Damage -> Apply modifiers?" that needs to be set to "Yes" in order for any of the other options to enable for PC attacks.

Also, unless you have the option "Apply to crit immune targets" set to "Yes", if the target has the effect "IMMUNE:critical", none of the modifications will get applied either.

So, are you actually selecting it when you load your campaign from the "Extensions" box?

Quote Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
    So, are you actually selecting it when you load your campaign from the "Extensions" box?
    Duh. I'd completely forgotten that was a thing. Yep, that was it and it's working great. Thanks for your help (and the extension!)!

Quote Originally Posted by Jestertrek View Post
    Duh. I'd completely forgotten that was a thing. Yep, that was it and it's working great. Thanks for your help (and the extension!)!
    HA! No worries! I've been known to do things like that before. Even recently.

Enjoy!

Thread Information