STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 14 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Here is an error log Theo - had to disable both your extension or the game was unplayable.

fgu_logs_20210222.zip

I'll take a look, but version 3.1 (which is the latest on the original post) - line 110 is a comment. Also, what triggered this error?

I'm currently in the process of updating this extension so unless you are doing benign things (like rolling for damage), you might be better off not using the Nat20 extension for now.

Thanks!

Can't wait for this to be up to snuff. All my players drag and drop, so this extension can't be used right now .

I support ORC(L) and #opendnd!

Check out my Extensions and Materials for FGU!
    Dark Theme: Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness - Hearth Edition.
    Custom GM Icon: Sir Motte's GM Icon Replacer.
    Midjourney Art: AI generated images for my campaign.

I'll have time this weekend to work on this and hopefully can get something thrown together that will work.

Thanks for the patience!

OK! I think I have something! I've run it through some paces with various damage types, using (and not using) Advanced Weapon Damage (AWD), Improved Critical (IC), various targets (some crit immune), and dragging and dropping attack and damage rolls.

It looked to me like everything was working. I even manually computed the damage that should have been applied and it matched.

That said, I didn't get super fancy with the damages, but I did have weapons with a mix of effect and weapon damage mixing the special damage types from AWD and Nat20, and used different options from IC, so I *think* I got a good sampling.

Anyway, bang on this (link in original post) and see what happens.

Thanks again for the patience!

Awesome, testing this evening!

So, found a stupid error causing bug (it caused an error in Advanced Weapon Damage because a data structure was malformed) if you have the option to recolor the dice set to "No". Uploading 4.0.1 now.

It's fixed in 4.0.1.

I'm outlining a test procedure of sorts to run through before releasing updates...it'll be more formal than what I'm doing now.
    Last edited by TheoGeek; February 27th, 2021 at 17:11.

Quote Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
    So, found a stupid error causing bug (it caused an error in Advanced Weapon Damage because a data structure was malformed) if you have the option to recolor the dice set to "No". Uploading 4.0.1 now.

It's fixed in 4.0.1.

I'm outlining a test procedure of sorts to run through before releasing updates...it'll be more formal than what I'm doing now.
    Looks like it breaks your improved critical extension though (clean campaign). No crits are rolled when combined with Nat 20 [I'm using the updated improved Critical Version 5.1 (extension.xml says 5.2)]. Testing of the Nat 20 extension is still in progress. I will update my finds tomorrow if any.
    Last edited by SirMotte; February 28th, 2021 at 00:50.

Hmmm...it's working for me right now. You don't by chance have the Improved Critical option to ignore or exclude critical dice set up do you?

Here's what I'm testing: Attack roll of 20 for a barbarian with a crit range of 19-20 and an extra crit dice. The greatsword weapon has these properties:

2d6+5 slashing
    1d8 nat20
    1d4+4 normalcrit

and the barbarian has the following effects applied:

1d6+4 normalcrit
    AC: 1

I'd expect the damage to be:

2d6(maxxed) + 1d8 + 3d6 critical + 5

Here's a screenshot of the output:

nat20.jpg

Maybe there is another extension messing things up?

Quote Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
    Hmmm...it's working for me right now. You don't by chance have the Improved Critical option to ignore or exclude critical dice set up do you?

Here's what I'm testing: Attack roll of 20 for a barbarian with a crit range of 19-20 and an extra crit dice. The greatsword weapon has these properties:

2d6+5 slashing
    1d8 nat20
    1d4+4 normalcrit

and the barbarian has the following effects applied:

1d6+4 normalcrit
    AC: 1

I'd expect the damage to be:

2d6(maxxed) + 1d8 + 3d6 critical + 5

Here's a screenshot of the output:

nat20.jpg

Maybe there is another extension messing things up?
    Like I said, new campaign, just these two extensions. As far as I can tell they work individually, though I havent tested Nat20 much yet. I will try to get to it tomorrow, too tired now.

Thread Information