FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 9 of 53 First ... 789101119 ... Last
    Ammunition Manager v2.5
    * 5E now counts arrows shot rather than arrows that miss (as per 5e rules). Thanks to Rivanknight220 for pointing this out.
    * 4E now rebuilds ammo picker list whenever weapon details are expanded.
    * 4E now counts ammo correctly even if weapon is fired through a linked power (requires "Power: Show item used" to be enabled). Thanks to kevininrussia for reporting this bug.
    Click here to see raw code changes
    Last edited by bmos; August 19th, 2021 at 22:25.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    * 5E now counts arrows shot rather than arrows that miss (as per 5e rules). Thanks to Rivanknight220 for pointing this out.
    I really appreciate you implementing my suggestion so quickly! My only question now is should the ammunition section of the weapon track the number of shots? I tested it out and that field stayed blank after rolling an attack a few times. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Rivanknight220 View Post
    I really appreciate you implementing my suggestion so quickly! My only question now is should the ammunition section of the weapon track the number of shots? I tested it out and that field stayed blank after rolling an attack a few times.
    I think you might be misunderstanding how it works. maxammo (the number field) being set to 0 turns off ammo tracking. This should be set to the capacity of the character's quiver. Then it checks off attacks until the quiver is empty and then begins blocking attacks (because of lack of ammo). From there, you can recover ammo or just double-click the maxammo field to reload from the inventory.

I think you might be misunderstanding how it works. maxammo (the number field) being set to 0 turns off ammo tracking. This should be set to the capacity of the character's quiver. Then it checks off attacks until the quiver is empty and then begins blocking attacks (because of lack of ammo). From there, you can recover ammo or just double-click the maxammo field to reload from the inventory.
    Apologies for not being clear. When I watched your YouTube video, I saw that in the details of the weapon itself, it was tracking the number of misses based off the attack rolls. My question is can it do the same for shots fired in total because as it stands right now when I do attacks, it marks off the ammo but the Shots field in the details of the weapon stays blank. I've attached a screenshot to show what I'm seeing. Three attacks, three bolts marked off but a blank Shots field.

I hope this gives you better information. Thanks again!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Apologies for not being clear. When I watched your YouTube video, I saw that in the details of the weapon itself, it was tracking the number of misses based off the attack rolls. My question is can it do the same for shots fired in total because as it stands right now when I do attacks, it marks off the ammo but the Shots field in the details of the weapon stays blank. I've attached a screenshot to show what I'm seeing. Three attacks, three bolts marked off but a blank Shots field.

I hope this gives you better information. Thanks again!
    hmm. are you using other extensions?
    For me that is working.

hmm. are you using other extensions?
    For me that is working.
    Yeah, I have quite a few from the Forge. I tried a plain campaign with just yours and it worked so now I have to figure out which one isn't playing nice. In the process of doing that testing I did stumble on something else. The checkmark counter is double counting for me. When I trigger the attack by either double clicking or dragging the dice to the chat it checks one off and then when the result of the attack shows up in chat it checks another off. It counts correctly in the Shots box of the weapon details. Apologies for being such a bother!

Yeah, I have quite a few from the Forge. I tried a plain campaign with just yours and it worked so now I have to figure out which one isn't playing nice. In the process of doing that testing I did stumble on something else. The checkmark counter is double counting for me. When I trigger the attack by either double clicking or dragging the dice to the chat it checks one off and then when the result of the attack shows up in chat it checks another off. It counts correctly in the Shots box of the weapon details. Apologies for being such a bother!
    Not at all, I really appreciate feedback--especially for new rulesets.
    It looks like 5E counts off ammo on its own, so I can just remove my code that does that in 5E.

EDIT: pushed fix to Forge
    Last edited by bmos; August 20th, 2021 at 17:11.

The 5e version of ammo manager works well so thanks for that. I've also had a play with it in 3.5e and is going to be a great help there as well.

One for the wishlist and not sure if even possible. When you select the ammo type you are using (perhaps been normal ammo and +1) then the effect of the ammo applies to the attack and damage.
    Graphil

There are two secrets to life: 1) Don't tell everything you know...

Quote Originally Posted by graphil View Post
    The 5e version of ammo manager works well so thanks for that. I've also had a play with it in 3.5e and is going to be a great help there as well.

One for the wishlist and not sure if even possible. When you select the ammo type you are using (perhaps been normal ammo and +1) then the effect of the ammo applies to the attack and damage.
    That is something I would like to add eventually, but it gets kind of complicated since magic/special ammo rules are quite different between rulesets. At the very least I should be able to add bonus to attack/damage.
    I have now added it to the issue tracker.

I found the shots in 5e are not counting when you also have kent's automatic halfing luck extension loaded. Any chance the conflict could be resolved?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information