Starfinder Playlist
Page 52 of 53 First ... 24250515253 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I saw an update come through for this ext. If it was addressing (maybe in part) the ammo field for melee weapons, then it did not resolve the issue. Again mainly a cosmetic issue and not breaking the game currently.
    Thanks for the reminder. Have not had time to look into that.
    The update was adding support for PFRPG2-Legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Thanks for the reminder. Have not had time to look into that.
    The update was adding support for PFRPG2-Legacy.
    No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzar View Post
    I seem to also be getting a problem where the Attack button in the Actions tab is locked out even if I have loaded the weapon. It won't roll the dice. If I remove the Loadaction, the load button disappears and the attack roll works. So to duplicate (if you can), set a Crossbow, Light to have loadaction, then press the Load button and then try rolling an attack from Actions tab. On mine, it won't click over to a dice roll. It just drags the window instead. Even if I double click it doesn't work. 5E ruleset. I think it always thinks it is unloaded even if you pressed the Load button. Thanks.

Also, its not displaying the ammo type on the Action screen properly:

@bmos have you had a chance to look at this?

@bmos have you had a chance to look at this?
    I just tried to reproduce and could not:

5E

Added Crossbow, Light
    Added "loadaction" property to it on Actions tab
    Loaded
    Fired

When you click load, does it say in chat that it had been loaded?

Hey I have a question.
    I know it might not completely be related to this extension but I realized that I do not know how to do it.
    I was wondering how I would go about making an ammo like incendiary that would do lets just say 1dx extra damage on top of the weapons damage and have it only proc when using the weapon it is loaded in.
    Is there a way to have an effect know what weapon an ammo is linked to

If this is a stupid question with a vary simple answer I apologized it is like 2 am and my sleep addled brain cant think of it.

Custom Damage Missile

CAVEAT: The answer below applies to D&D 5E. I don't know if it's measurably different in 4E or Pathfinder *shrug*

Yeppers! I use this for flame arrows, lightning arrows, etc.; though it requires the Advanced Effects extension too.

NOTE: You could just add an action that applies an effect DMG: 1d6 fire or whatever and just trigger it whenever the character hits with a fire arrow. But, if you're curious (or have a wide array of magic arrows with alt damage), you can do the following...

1. Create the item (missile) adding the damage entry - let's use an arrow +1
    * The item needs the subtype Ammunition
    2. Add the Effect Feature: ATK:1; DMG:1; DMGTYPE: magic to the arrow itself
    * You could add DMG: 1d6 fire or DMG: 1d20 psychic or whatever you want
    * I have an arrow that takes advantage of TheoGeek's Nat20 extension vs goblins (IFT:TYPE(goblinoid); DMG: 1d6 nat20 so it does extra on a natural 20 if it's a goblin or hobgoblin)
    3. Mark the effect as ActionOnly (a small tick dot to the right when you're skipping "Duration" - optionally, I mark it as Hide as well because the player doesn't need the clutter on the CT
    * This means the arrow's effect is only ever used when the arrow is used. But, an arrow isn't a To Hit item, which is why we need THIS extension.
    4. Add the item to the character's inventory and mark it as equipped (with the character in the Combat Tracker the effect is applied to the character)
    5. On the ACTIONS tab, locate the bow the character is using; then click the gear icon (on the right) to access the settings for that weapon.
    6. With this extension, you'll see an AMMUNITION section at the bottom of the entry. Use the drop-down menu to select the missile type from the character's inventory (again, it needs to be "equipped")
    7. In 5E, magic arrows are no longer magical if they hit. So, set up the Recover to entries (Top is on misses, bottom is on hits; so "Return to Original" and Arrow respectively).

Because the effect is on the character on the CT, and because the effect applies as ActionOnly, it won't apply to other weapons. Only a bow that has been declared 'Use this ammo'. Hope that helps!
    * I've made some arrows that can't take advantage of this (AoE explosives and such)
    Last edited by estrolof; December 15th, 2023 at 15:54. Reason: fixed typo

Quote Originally Posted by estrolof View Post
    CAVEAT: The answer below applies to D&D 5E. I don't know if it's measurably different in 4E or Pathfinder *shrug*

Yeppers! I use this for flame arrows, lightning arrows, etc.; though it requires the Advanced Effects extension too.

NOTE: You could just add an action that applies an effect DMG: 1d6 fire or whatever and just trigger it whenever the character hits with a fire arrow. But, if you're curious (or have a wide array of magic arrows with alt damage), you can do the following...

1. Create the item (missile) adding the damage entry - let's use an arrow +1
    * The item needs the subtype Ammunition
    2. Add the Effect Feature: ATK:1; DMG:1; DMGTYPE: magic to the arrow itself
    * You could add DMG: 1d6 fire or DMG: 1d20 psychic or whatever you want
    * I have an arrow that takes advantage of TheoGeek's Nat20 extension vs goblins (IFT:TYPE(goblinoid); DMG: 1d6 nat20 so it does extra on a natural 20 if it's a goblin or hobgoblin)
    3. Mark the effect as ActionOnly (a small tick dot to the right when you're skipping "Duration" - optionally, I mark it as Hide as well because the player doesn't need the clutter on the CT
    * This means the arrow's effect is only ever used when the arrow is used. But, an arrow isn't a To Hit item, which is why we need THIS extension.
    4. Add the item to the character's inventory and mark it as equipped (with the character in the Combat Tracker the effect is applied to the character)
    5. On the ACTIONS tab, locate the bow the character is using; then click the gear icon (on the right) to access the settings for that weapon.
    6. With this extension, you'll see an AMMUNITION section at the bottom of the entry. Use the drop-down menu to select the missile type from the character's inventory (again, it needs to be "equipped")
    7. In 5E, magic arrows are no longer magical if they hit. So, set up the Recover to entries (Top is on misses, bottom is on hits; so "Return to Original" and Arrow respectively).

Because the effect is on the character on the CT, and because the effect applies as ActionOnly, it won't apply to other weapons. Only a bow that has been declared 'Use this ammo'. Hope that helps!
    * I've made some arrows that can't take advantage of this (AoE explosives and such)
    Exactly right, and also relevant to PFRPG

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I just tried to reproduce and could not:

5E

Added Crossbow, Light
    Added "loadaction" property to it on Actions tab
    Loaded
    Fired

When you click load, does it say in chat that it had been loaded?
    This issue is that I cannot roll an attack at all. Its like the die is disabled when I click and drag to the chat window (or double click it)

This issue is that I cannot roll an attack at all. Its like the die is disabled when I click and drag to the chat window (or double click it)
    @bmos I think I figured it out. There is an interaction with 5E-Advanced Effects by @Celestian. When I disable that extension, this works fine.

@bmos I think I figured it out. There is an interaction with 5E-Advanced Effects by @Celestian. When I disable that extension, this works fine.
    I have confirmed the issue and submitted a patch to Celestian to bring that back into compatibility.
    Last edited by bmos; January 8th, 2024 at 18:37.

Thread Information