DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 40 of 53 First ... 30383940414250 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by estrolof View Post
    Usage Question: I also apologize, as I didn't see this elsewhere and may have missed it too. In 5E, the enchantment on a magic arrow (+1, etc.) expires if it hits the target. In 5E, the recovery function for this extension tracks shots, not missed. Is it accounting for 'hits' when it recovers magic arrows (under the hood, so to speak)?
    It's not. That's an interesting rule to be made aware of.
    I'll think about how to best track that in the UI.

Quote Originally Posted by estrolof View Post
    I do apologize if I've missed a post concerning this; I believe I may have found an extension conflict.

Conflict #1
    Ruleset: 5E
    Loaded Extensions: Ammunition Manager v 3.12; Advanced Effects - 5E v 5.94; Automatic Flanking and Ranged - Extension v3.0
    Conflict Summary #1: When an 'Action Only' effect is applied to an arrow's AE entry (e.g., ATK: 1; DMG: 1; DMGTYPE: magic) the attack ignores the +1 to Attack, though it successfully applies the +1 extra damage. Similarly, if an alternate 'Action Only' effect has been applied to the arrow's AE entry (e.g., ATK: 1; DMG: 1d6 cold) the attack ignores the +1 to Attack, though it successfully applies the +1d6 cold damage. When the Auto Flank&Range extension is disabled, and only the AM & AE extensions remain, the +1 to attack from the AE effect is applied accurately.
    Conflict Summary #2: In this extension configuration, the 'block attacks when inventory at zero' (for a given ammo type) fails.

For now, I'll disable Automatic Flanking and Range as that's a less important extension (for our group), so it's not likely to impact us too significantly. But, it seemed worth bringing up.
    Good to know. I tried joining their discord server (since that seems to be the only place to chat about their stuff), but they have their permissions set to not let me change my name and they also require me to change my name to post... so I can't chat with them lol

Hi there,
    I found a compatibility issue regarding Mirror Image Handler.

Only have the most recent versions of Remove Effect Tag, Mirror Image Handler and Ammunition Manager installed (forge).

If Remove Effect Tag and either Mirror Image Handler or Ammunition Manager are loaded everything works fine. Tested with only those active.
    If all three are loaded rolling a ranged attack causes the following error:
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "FG-Ammunition-Manager:..ager_ammunition.lua"]:230: attempt to index local 'rRoll' (a nil value)

I'll use the ammo manager for now, but it would be nice if this conflict could be resolved.

Either way, I wish you a very nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Leto499 View Post
    Hi there,
    I found a compatibility issue regarding Mirror Image Handler.

Only have the most recent versions of Remove Effect Tag, Mirror Image Handler and Ammunition Manager installed (forge).

If Remove Effect Tag and either Mirror Image Handler or Ammunition Manager are loaded everything works fine. Tested with only those active.
    If all three are loaded rolling a ranged attack causes the following error:
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "FG-Ammunition-Manager:..ager_ammunition.lua"]:230: attempt to index local 'rRoll' (a nil value)

I'll use the ammo manager for now, but it would be nice if this conflict could be resolved.

Either way, I wish you a very nice day.
    Hi! Can you clarify which ruleset you're running?
    If it's Pathfinder, there is a new version of the Remove Effect thread which is easy to miss: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...oval-Extension

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Hi! Can you clarify which ruleset you're running?
    If it's Pathfinder, there is a new version of the Remove Effect thread which is easy to miss: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...oval-Extension
    Hi again!
    I'm using the Pathfinder Ruleset and I'm using the forge versions of Ammunition Manager and darrenan's continuation of Effect Removal and his Mirror Image Handler.

Quote Originally Posted by Leto499 View Post
    Hi again!
    I'm using the Pathfinder Ruleset and I'm using the forge versions of Ammunition Manager and darrenan's continuation of Effect Removal and his Mirror Image Handler.
    Thanks! I found the issue!
    The Mirror Image Handler hasn't been updated to support the new format of onPostAttackResolve that was introduced last summer.
    I have posted about it in darrenan's thread.

EDIT: Fixed!
    Last edited by bmos; January 30th, 2023 at 23:38.

Edit: I see now. It is only tracking misses. Maybe that is intentional as I see on the forge page: "Ranged attacks that miss will now increment a per-ammo-type counter. " Since my test had hits it was not counting them. Of course the 5e rules from the players handbook indicates that all shots count as recoverable.

"Weapon Properties.
    Many weapons have special properties related to their use, as shown in the Weapons table. Ammunition. You can use a weapon that has the ammunition property to make a ranged attack only if you have ammunition to fire from the weapon. Each time you attack with the weapon, you expend one piece of ammunition. Drawing the ammunition from a quiver, case, or other container is part of the attack. At the end of the battle, you can recover half your expended ammunition by taking a minute to search the battlefield."

So tracking only the misses is not optimal. Would there be a way to have an option to track all shots and not just misses?

Thanks!
    Last edited by nephranka; March 15th, 2023 at 19:29.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Edit: I see now. It is only tracking misses. Maybe that is intentional as I see on the forge page: "Ranged attacks that miss will now increment a per-ammo-type counter. " Since my test had hits it was not counting them. Of course the 5e rules from the players handbook indicates that all shots count as recoverable.

"Weapon Properties.
    Many weapons have special properties related to their use, as shown in the Weapons table. Ammunition. You can use a weapon that has the ammunition property to make a ranged attack only if you have ammunition to fire from the weapon. Each time you attack with the weapon, you expend one piece of ammunition. Drawing the ammunition from a quiver, case, or other container is part of the attack. At the end of the battle, you can recover half your expended ammunition by taking a minute to search the battlefield."

So tracking only the misses is not optimal. Would there be a way to have an option to track all shots and not just misses?

Thanks!
    Hmm... When I first set it up it did do that in 5e so something must have changed...
    I have pushed a fix
    Last edited by bmos; March 15th, 2023 at 20:21.

Ok. Thanks. I do have a version from 1/2/23 that works the way I described but I assumed you may have changed the behavior based on the magic arrow discussion. Which, I would love to have a way to address as well

Not sure what is going on but it is working now. I did see a CoreRPG.dat update come through. I am not sure if it is related.

Thread Information