5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 39 of 53 First ... 29373839404149 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Navigat0r View Post
    Here it is
    Ah, I was only testing it with a double-click attack. Looks like it still lets you drag the number which turns into dice...

EDIT: build posted. should be fixed.
    Last edited by bmos; November 1st, 2022 at 23:41.

Shots are now being successfully blocked. Thank you bmos!

I am still having trouble getting the "loading" tag to work properly, but I have found I can work around that by adding crossbow, pistol, etc to the weapon name.

Quote Originally Posted by Navigat0r View Post
    Shots are now being successfully blocked. Thank you bmos!

I am still having trouble getting the "loading" tag to work properly, but I have found I can work around that by adding crossbow, pistol, etc to the weapon name.
    loading is, if i remember correctly, a 4e weapon property.
    in other rulesets just add loadaction to the weapon name (i should probably search the properties for that as well).

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Ah, I was only testing it with a double-click attack. Looks like it still lets you drag the number which turns into dice...

EDIT: build posted. should be fixed.
    I didn't notice at first, but I think the latest build might be preventing attack bonus from being calculated correctly. After loading the latest build, I had noticed that the attacks from weapons present prior to the update suddenly were showing negative values. Adding new weapons did not pick up on attributes or bab and instead showed as 0/0/0/0 in the attack window. Changing character attributes, bab etc did not recalculate attack as would normally happen. This remains true in the test campaign I posted earlier as well as a new test campaign. Loading the campaign(s) without the extension puts all attack values back where they should be.

attack calculations.jpg

Oops! Thanks for noticing!
    I think I've got it all working again.

Hi there so Last night I ran my pathfinder game. it is more of a modern fantasy so it has pistols and rifles and what not. and one of my players noticed that every time they fired their hand gun they had to reload. I do not recall it ever working like that for weapons with pistol in their name. if that is how it is meant to be cool just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimil508 View Post
    Hi there so Last night I ran my pathfinder game. it is more of a modern fantasy so it has pistols and rifles and what not. and one of my players noticed that every time they fired their hand gun they had to reload. I do not recall it ever working like that for weapons with pistol in their name. if that is how it is meant to be cool just wondering.
    It was always supposed to work that way, but perhaps it was broken until recently! In vanilla Pathfinder, "Pistol users can load and make a single attack in a turn."
    If you want to avoid that, just add "noload" to the weapon's properties which is the opposite of "loadaction".
    Last edited by bmos; November 13th, 2022 at 01:50.

Actually if you look at the firearm section there are some entries of pistols with a capacity greater than one. Regardless I agree it probably was broken up until this point. due to this i reworked my players sheets to have different entries of ammo representing mags. it just would be nice to have a bit more automation for these kinds of firearms but i digress keep up the good work with the extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimil508 View Post
    Actually if you look at the firearm section there are some entries of pistols with a capacity greater than one. Regardless I agree it probably was broken up until this point. due to this i reworked my players sheets to have different entries of ammo representing mags. it just would be nice to have a bit more automation for these kinds of firearms but i digress keep up the good work with the extensions.
    That is sort of how the implementation that SoxMax created for SFRPG works, but I haven't ported that to PFRPG since it is based on "charges" and shots from mags which have no weight rather than arrows in a quiver or whatever. It sounds like you're doing it the right way

I do apologize if I've missed a post concerning this; I believe I may have found an extension conflict.

Conflict #1
    Ruleset: 5E
    Loaded Extensions: Ammunition Manager v 3.12; Advanced Effects - 5E v 5.94; Automatic Flanking and Ranged - Extension v3.0
    Conflict Summary #1: When an 'Action Only' effect is applied to an arrow's AE entry (e.g., ATK: 1; DMG: 1; DMGTYPE: magic) the attack ignores the +1 to Attack, though it successfully applies the +1 extra damage. Similarly, if an alternate 'Action Only' effect has been applied to the arrow's AE entry (e.g., ATK: 1; DMG: 1d6 cold) the attack ignores the +1 to Attack, though it successfully applies the +1d6 cold damage. When the Auto Flank&Range extension is disabled, and only the AM & AE extensions remain, the +1 to attack from the AE effect is applied accurately.
    Conflict Summary #2: In this extension configuration, the 'block attacks when inventory at zero' (for a given ammo type) fails.

For now, I'll disable Automatic Flanking and Range as that's a less important extension (for our group), so it's not likely to impact us too significantly. But, it seemed worth bringing up.

Usage Question: I also apologize, as I didn't see this elsewhere and may have missed it too. In 5E, the enchantment on a magic arrow (+1, etc.) expires if it hits the target. In 5E, the recovery function for this extension tracks shots, not missed. Is it accounting for 'hits' when it recovers magic arrows (under the hood, so to speak)?

Thread Information