5E Character Create Playlist
Page 16 of 53 First ... 6141516171826 ... Last
    I've encountered a strange error that makes it so that a single attack seems to consume two pieces of ammunition; one on the triggering of the attack roll, and another on the resolution of the attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Decisive View Post
    I've encountered a strange error that makes it so that a single attack seems to consume two pieces of ammunition; one on the triggering of the attack roll, and another on the resolution of the attack.
    This may be a result of ext conflicts. Around post #111 we have found a couple of fixes they might work for you.

So you did! I got those loaded up and I'll mess around with them later. I'll also be able to try out the Advanced Effects patch too!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Decisive View Post
    So you did! I got those loaded up and I'll mess around with them later. I'll also be able to try out the Advanced Effects patch too!
    Cool. These all really enhance my games and improve the quality of gaming for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Nope, must be an issue with ranged item detection in 4E.
    I'll take a look. Thanks.
    EDIT: I meant to say 5e

EDIT2: posted fix:
    Just noticed that even thought the reload button is gone, melee weapons have an ammunition section in the details?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Just noticed that even thought the reload button is gone, melee weapons have an ammunition section in the details?
    oh yeah I haven't gotten around to removing that. thanks for the reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    oh yeah I haven't gotten around to removing that. thanks for the reminder.
    Thanks! I just assumed it was already done.

I've really enjoyed kicking this extension around. It's been fun to see my ranged folks deal with the reload action, and the auto-tick of ammo has been a great feature.

Now the bad news - I seem to be unable to "link" the ammunition from a character inventory to the tracker, and I'm not sure if I'm not doing something correctly.

I'm using FGU - latest version, on a PC. I'm going to attach a couple of shots to help illustrate the behavior, but basically the extension seems to function in every way except when I go in to select ammunition, I get a blank box where I expect a dropdown of available choices... at least that's what I think I should see. I've made sure that ammo is equipped in the inventory, but something seems to be missing.

Also yes, I run a bunch of other extensions on my server, so I assumed for the longest time that it was an extension collision, but I recently had time to load ONLY the ammo management extension and got the same behavior. Please let me know if anything comes to mind - thank you! Big fan!ScreenHunter 10.pngScreenHunter 13.png

UPDATE: Accidentally stumbled on another party member where it worked. I found that I needed to have the ammo set up as "Goods and Services" and "Ammunition" as subtype - that seems to have been the issue. Just a good reminder in general as I'm sure that's listed elsewhere in the thread. That should do it for me, but if anyone has further wisdom, please let me know.

Also - is this extension going to be added to the Forge?
    Last edited by crossbow57; November 4th, 2021 at 20:24.

Quote Originally Posted by crossbow57 View Post
    Accidentally stumbled on another party member where it worked. I found that I needed to have the ammo set up as "Goods and Services" and "Ammunition" as subtype - that seems to have been the issue. Just a good reminder in general as I'm sure that's listed elsewhere in the thread. That should do it for me, but if anyone has further wisdom, please let me know.
    Yup. Pretty sure I mention it in the how to video but the README really could use a re-write.

Quote Originally Posted by crossbow57 View Post
    is this extension going to be added to the Forge?
    See the first post of this thread for links. All of my extensions have been on the Forge since day 1.

How do you handle things like daggers? I see they have ammo but when you use them they do not tick off or record as being thrown?

Edit: I think non range weapons still have ammo refill options as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nephranka; November 5th, 2021 at 00:41.

Thread Information