STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: MGT2 v1.1.5

If you do red/green, PLEASE make it a dark red and a bright green to keep the contrast up as high as possible. Me and my red-green colorblind people would really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnQPublic View Post
    If you do red/green, PLEASE make it a dark red and a bright green to keep the contrast up as high as possible. Me and my red-green colorblind people would really appreciate it.
    In the name of my wife, who has achromatopsy, I second this request.

Hi MBM,

Interesting to watch the development. Looking forward to a new character sheet. Throwing a few ideas out below.

3 or 4 little icons that stack next to the characteristic and indicate what type of positive/negative modifier is active? (Accessory/Augment/Effect(such as poison/drug)) Hovering over would reveal the details of the modifier?

I'd really like to see a slightly larger/adjustable character portrait size.

Would it be possible to allow players to arrange the order of the tabs on the side of the character sheet, with all but the cover sheet rearrange-able in any order?

Also a small Body diagram on the Action tab... Head, Torso, each arm, each leg that displays different armour for different locations (and optional automation for hit location or to aim at a particular part)...

Thanks again.

R.

That is one of the reasons is it difficult to document the ruleset because it is so much in flux and hasn't really calmed down. I think once the ruleset is post-Companion, it will probably calm down and documentation will be easier for an unpaid intern to maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulthea View Post
    I've been using 1.1.3 in Unity for a while and usually my players use either energy weapons or plain slugthrower ammo. The past week someone bought some incendiary ammo (arsonist tendencies) and while in the CSC it's listed as being ok for Rifle - and works for a Rifle in the game - it can't be added to Advanced Combat Rifle, Heavy Advanced Combat Rifle or Combat Rifle. Seems that the code just looks literally for Rifle and not the better / military versions of the Rifle.
    Thanks for this, the filter should be on 'Rifle', CSC added a few more sub-groups so I'll double check and fix.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    That is one of the reasons is it difficult to document the ruleset because it is so much in flux and hasn't really calmed down. I think once the ruleset is post-Companion, it will probably calm down and documentation will be easier for an unpaid intern to maintain.
    Very true, which is why I've not wanted to start documenting just yet!

I am willing to make Videos but need support for those.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by rcruk View Post
    Hi MBM,

Interesting to watch the development. Looking forward to a new character sheet. Throwing a few ideas out below.

3 or 4 little icons that stack next to the characteristic and indicate what type of positive/negative modifier is active? (Accessory/Augment/Effect(such as poison/drug)) Hovering over would reveal the details of the modifier?

I'd really like to see a slightly larger/adjustable character portrait size.

Would it be possible to allow players to arrange the order of the tabs on the side of the character sheet, with all but the cover sheet rearrange-able in any order?

Also a small Body diagram on the Action tab... Head, Torso, each arm, each leg that displays different armour for different locations (and optional automation for hit location or to aim at a particular part)...

Thanks again.

R.
    Hi Chap,

The 'new' character sheet is based on the updated sheet for the Companion. Where the stats are on the left with the 'empty' hexes for the optional stats.

There's no way (that I know) that the tabs can be re-ordered. A character sheet is a template (fixed) where things can be set to flow and attached to other fields etc, but the tabs/pages themselves are fixed.

Once the 'to hit' rules from the Companion are in use, I do think a nice diagram would be useful, though I think we'd need a template for each race!

Cheers,
    MBM

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post

Once the 'to hit' rules from the Companion are in use, I do think a nice diagram would be useful, though I think we'd need a template for each race!

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ha yes of course.

An extra complication I hadn't considered. A 'to hit' table to which can be added extra limbs, heads etc. as extra rows in the table - covering anything that characters might face or be? The category of each of these would then link to an armour item. Or maybe we could drop the armour item pin onto the rows to apply it's protection to those areas - that way a row could be named anything be it tentacle, limb, air sack or whatever, the only difference being the protection effect conferred on it by the item pin?

I see now linking this to an image for each possible body configuration is asking a little too much.

R.

Folks,

I've just completed the work that allows any peice of equipment the ability to modify a Travellers Characteristic(s).

For example, I edited an Combat Assault Rifle and added DEX -2 then saved it. Now I went into the Equipment and made sure it was Equipped. Went back to the Action Tab, and above the DEX value in Character Status is a -2 DEX. The DEX value is still 9 (which is the base value and a DM of 1) and the Current Value show's 9, but if you make a dice roll using that stat you'll notice the DM is 0. This is because the DM is calculated on the base value +/- the modifier.

The reason it doesn't modify the Current Value (or the base Value) is because you don't get less or more 'health' from these items, they don't modify your stats for damage.

Now I need to make sure the Core Rulebook/Central Supply Catalogue data is updated for this new field (Modifiers). Like all updated Data, the player will need to remove/add again the updated Data for the updates to be used.

Cheers,
    MBM

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Like all updated Data, the player will need to remove/add again the updated Data for the updates to be used.

Cheers,
    MBM
    MBM,
    Does this information as quoted above mean that we users need to uninstall the CRB and CSC and reinstall them to make the changes work? What other elements of the game do we need to do that to as well? If it was not the CRB and CSC you were referring to then I am rather lost as to your instructions.
    Thanks,

Thread Information