STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Unusual Whisper Results

This weekend my group used FGII and by and large we were very happy with it. One of the things I had to work around, and I'm pretty certain isn't supposed to work this way was when players would whisper to me (DM). It would come through, but be from id-00011 or some other number tied to the player. As I didn't knwo who had what number at first I had to ask. I'd like to know what is causing this and how it can be fixed.

I had that happen with a player who had opened two characters (one was his wizard character, one was his character's familiar). Any messages that would normally use the player's name (like OOC or whispers) would use the id-##### thing instead of the player's name. The other players, all of which had only opened one character, did not show this problem.

Dunno if the multiple characters were the reason why this happened, because we didn't really bother testing it.

It is a bug in the ruleset, basically they look for the node of the player instead of the name. I am sure that Smiteworks will fix this for the next release.

Also, if a player tries to whisper to another player, the recieving player gets a whispered message... without a name on who sent it.
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

I had it happen with two different players, but both of them were running multiple characters. I suspect it has to do with the way it handle multiple charcters.

Possibly fixed.

Later.
    Ram

If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself. -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Oberoten
    Also, if a player tries to whisper to another player, the recieving player gets a whispered message... without a name on who sent it.
    How does a player whisper another player? Can't seem to do that...
    "Excellence can be attained if you Care more than others think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical, and Expect more than others think is possible." - Author Unknown.

Agh... This was all with clients on the same machine opened simultaneously to compare with using multiple characters.
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Wow, that used to blow windows up hard when I tried that.

So, what is the verdict on this? Can a player whisper to another player? We just tried it and it didn't seem to work, or rather we couldn't figure it out.

Not right now. This is on the to do list, though. The current plan is to make it a separate slash command, such as /pwhisper, and give the GM a hint that something is happening, like a message "X is whispering to Y".
    Tero Parvinen
    Fantasy Grounds Guru

Thread Information