5E Character Create Playlist

Can't find my campaign info

Hi there. I seem to have lost my campaign. I'm running a home-brew dm campaign, and today when I went to log in it just gave me the start-up screen as if I were starting entirely from scratch. All the story panels, maps, and other content I've put together isn't accessible. There seems to be an error in the "CampaignRegistry" file; I've put a screenshot below. Also, I just did the latest FGU update as well as an update on my MacOS today. I'm not sure if that's related or not, but it's the only major change I can think of since the last time I accessed my campaign this morning. Is there any way you guys can help?

Thanks,
    Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Diamond. welcome to FG.

You should be able to recover your campaign details. The most likely scenario is that FG didn't exit properly in one of the last times you played. At any rate the first thing to do is find your campaign folder within the campaigns folder in the FG data directory (I don't know wher that is on a mac but clicking on the small folder icon on the top left of the start screen should take you there). Before you do anything else make a copy of that folder and store it somewhere else.

Once you have done that then open the original campaign folder and locate the file db.xml (make sure that you see file extensions - again I don't know if this is standard on a mac or if you need to switch on a setting). Rename this file to dbold.xml (or whatever). Now locate the largest or most recently date stamped db.sesssion.xxxxxxxx.xml file. Rename this file to db.xml and then start up your campaign. If this doesn't work you may have to go back to an earlier session file.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The CampaignRegistry.lua file is a small file within your specific campaign directory that stores some basic setup information - sidebar buttons visible, etc.. Go into your <FG app data>\campaigns\<your campaign name> directory for the campaign in question and rename the CampaignRegistry.lua file to something like CampaignRegistry.lua.old. Then start up your FG campaign and see if there are any errors. If there are no longer any errors, but your data is still missing, then try what Zacchaeus mentions in post #2.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you so much!!! I got pretty much all of it back! I can't tell you how relieved I am. I was really afraid I'd lost a whole lot of work I'd put into this.

Thread Information