DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Me making a circle. The issue is big when I am trying to trace something like the diameter of a light source.

I do see a 'stutter' every now and then as you say but I can't replicate the result in your image. I've tested on various maps - some big, some small and I cannot get the same result. Whilst the line seems to do a little jump now and again as it seems to catch up with the mouse pointer it always draws what I'm drawing. I've also tried moving the mouse at different speeds as well but again that doesn't seem to make any difference.

Now I have my mouse set to a very high speed and it is a very precise mouse which operates at thousands of dpi etc. I wonder if that might be making things easier for me or not?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The image I posted is an extreme case. It's to illustrate there is some calculation happening during the draw. This is causing a pause, stopping the line segment drawing then after what ever calculation its doing it looks to where the mouse pointer is and draws another line segment. The devs need to fix that pause calculation.

Hi, I am having this same problem in game. Here is an OBS video of drawing and erasing with lots of pauses. I set the priority of FGU to high with the task manager and there is nothing else of significance running besides FGU and OBS.
    https://youtu.be/3Zk0RDsyR7E

In order to have an idea of what is going on, we would need a copy of the campaign folder you were using (zipped up and posted on file share such as DropBox or Google), as well as a screenshot to show what windows were open and what modes you were in. Also, information on your computer (OS, specs) would be useful. You can send that information to [email protected].

Remember, the more walls, tokens, FX, etc. that you have on the map will affect performance. Reducing the number of objects on a map will improve performance.

Regards,
    JPG

Hello,

I'm having the same issue, but I think it might run deeper than just when drawing LOS. FGU simply seems to freeze for maybe 0.2 seconds every 7 seconds or so. Often this is unnoticeable, but if you are drawing LOS, or moving a token (sometimes causing the cursor to become a ghost of the token, rarely creating a duplicate token on the map), or have FX layers on a map, it is very noticeable (and obnoxious). This occurs even with just a single map open that is just a small file with a single layer, a single token, no FX, and no LOS drawn or enabled.

It happens with zero extensions as well as with a ton of extensions loaded.

It happens on my main machine (Windows 10, i7-9700K 8-core 3.6 GHz, 64GB DD4 2666, RTX 2080 Super Overclocked 8GB GDDR6, 400mbps down/ 35mbps up), as well as my laptop (high end, discrete video card (it's using the card)).

Task Manager doesn't show anything close to taxed. Nothing spikes when the short freezes happen. All other open applications are unaffected.

If no maps are open, this doesn't seem to happen.

Is it autosaving the database perhaps? I assumed that happened on the order of minutes, not seconds.

Thank you,

Matt

The auto-saving occurs every 5 minutes; so that's most likely not what you are seeing.

We are aware of some garbage collection that can occur every few seconds; and we did track down a few memory leaks in the image handling that are included in the v4.1 beta release already.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information