DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by adzling View Post
    yeah I'd look hard at using those resources I posted.
    They are only black and white 2d maps but they are astonishingly user friendly and have all the relevant traveller details worked out.
    Should be relatively easy to use them with FGU I would have thought.
    Yep, just be careful you include any copyright info (if required), and thanks, and good luck!

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Just for my point of view, If the tokens are just of the images supplied in a module you have paid for they should be free, as for style they should be square, so they can fit into the Hex if required, No offence but its just a few minutes to make them with something like tokenstamp.
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

Quote Originally Posted by backwardoracle View Post
    Just for my point of view, If the tokens are just of the images supplied in a module you have paid for they should be free...
    That's the usual approach for other FG products - you get portraits/tokens created from the product artwork included in the same FG product. For example, see the first screenshot here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...ZOSMWPZO9302FG
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Just for my point of view, If the tokens are just of the images supplied in a module you have paid for they should be free, as for style they should be square, so they can fit into the Hex if required, No offence but its just a few minutes to make them with something like tokenstamp.
    I think the idea is for people who want more tokens but don't necessarily want the module or supplement, or people who want sci-fi tokens but not necessarily Traveller. It was my impression from the original post.

It would probably be a good idea to include the tokens extracted with the module for their source book, as it would add value to the module. It would also be a good idea to add a notice with the token packs where the tokens are sourced from the avoid angry purchasers.

Folks,

Where this came from, Pinnacle released the tokens for Deadlands as a separate package and Matt (and I wondered) if players (not just Traveller) would found these useful.

This is why I've asked here.

All adventures/source books/campaign books/official Mongoose products come with all their tokens as standard.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; September 3rd, 2020 at 14:54.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

I think the confusion might be the statement, as I read it "would you want a token pack based on a run of books, ie a pack for all the 'Reach Adventures'." which If I bought the modules I'd expect all the tokens, to sell the tokens as a separate deal, seems totally unnecessary.

Or is it, I can sell the licensed game tokens without customers buying the various modules?
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

I think the confusion might be the statement, as I read it "would you want a token pack based on a run of books, ie a pack for all the 'Reach Adventures'." which If I bought the modules I'd expect all the tokens, to sell the tokens as a separate deal, seems totally unnecessary.

Or is it, I can sell the licensed game tokens without customers buying the various modules?
    There are various questions and it's a shout out for what people would want/be happy with based on official artwork.

I have tried to employ someone to draw tokens that match the style, but can't find anyone willing, it's frustrating.

Cheers,
    MBM

Yeah, its the Mongoose style artwork that I think is the problem, I'm sure new artwork in that style would sell.

Maybe you should ask Matt if you can use MGT1 art as well. That would be extra art not included in any released products.

Ok just spoken to an artist friend of mine, he say he can do that style, but is obviously dubious about the time to income ratio. He is prepared to make a one off demo piece, to see what people think.

Thread Information