STAR TREK 2d20

Asking about an extension for ignoring armor class bonuses

Asking about this:

Do you think it'd be feasible to create an effect that ignores some types of armor classes? For example, a brilliant energy weapon ignores nonliving matter (armor and shield bonuses for one and their enhancement, though not all the other ones) or a weapon or effect could say "ignores shield bonus to AC"

Yes, from time to time I ask random questions XD
    and yes, sooner or later I will really need to learn programming so I can do it on my own, altough my memory sucks so bad

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    Asking about this:

Do you think it'd be feasible to create an effect that ignores some types of armor classes? For example, a brilliant energy weapon ignores nonliving matter (armor and shield bonuses for one and their enhancement, though not all the other ones) or a weapon or effect could say "ignores shield bonus to AC"

Yes, from time to time I ask random questions XD
    and yes, sooner or later I will really need to learn programming so I can do it on my own, altough my memory sucks so bad
    Yeah, that is surely possible Not so difficult I think, I could add it in advanced 3.5e/Pf1, but I would need to think about a suitable way to integrate it, to avoid that the setup becomes messy; I was also thinking about a mechanism which could ignore whole type of effects etc. (but the latter is a bit more complicated )

such as a "NAC" (Negate AC)... such as "NAC: enhancement, armor, shield" or "NAC: natural"

too bad I suck at it or I'd help out or just do it myself... right now I don't even understand what you mean by "messy" (every time I open up an extension to look it out, "W T F is this?" is what I always think)

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    such as a "NAC" (Negate AC)... such as "NAC: enhancement, armor, shield" or "NAC: natural"

too bad I suck at it or I'd help out or just do it myself... right now I don't even understand what you mean by "messy" (every time I open up an extension to look it out, "W T F is this?" is what I always think)
    With "not messy" I mean that I prefer more universal approaches rather than introducing an effect for everything (Like, instead of NAC some logical operator which ignores other effects in combination with them, like IGNORE: AC: natural for your NAC: natural, also offering the possibility of IGNORE: ATK: enhancement and so on )

(Yes yes, please do not tell me how many effects I already added :P)

To avoid the mess... Why not check it the same way touch and masterwork are checked in the descriptions? Would be a good time to check for it anyways. Do something like "ignore" in the description box then just use the armor class types we can use to complete the check. I've been thinning about doing similar except Kels stuff does so much, its hard to make sure its completely compatible.
    Last edited by Phixation; August 29th, 2020 at 03:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixation View Post
    To avoid the mess... Why not check it the same way touch and masterwork are checked in the descriptions? Would be a good time to check for it anyways. Do something like "ignore" in the description box then just use the armor class types we can use to complete the check. I've been thinning about doing similar except Kels stuff does so much, its hard to make sure its completely compatible.
    yeah, something similar like this, yes There is in ActorManager2 a similar code for AC where all the types are checked, that is a good place to start at for such a thing

About the compatibility: When you want to code something, then it may be easier to directly do it in the extension itself, then I can integrate it later like with your damage types (and then it is a bit quicker for me to do so) (and my scripts differ not too much from the native code, so that they are hopefully easy to read, except for DamageManager as you already have seen when you had the idea with your damage types )

Thread Information