Starfinder Playlist
Page 8 of 71 First ... 6789101858 ... Last

Thread: Linux Testing

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Can you try closing and reopening Steam and then try it again?
    When I clear the cache, it requires me to re-login - but I have done as you suggested and restarted Steam.

Same error. I should point out I am running Arch not Ubuntu, so if the steam installer is still doing the .deb thing, that is probably the issue (and kmalsom yes, its the linux version of steam)

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    When I clear the cache, it requires me to re-login - but I have done as you suggested and restarted Steam.

Same error. I should point out I am running Arch not Ubuntu, so if the steam installer is still doing the .deb thing, that is probably the issue (and kmalsom yes, its the linux version of steam)
    Confirm the same. I'm also not on Ubuntu - using Gentoo instead.

At least we're past the .exe problem now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kuthulu View Post
    installed on Linux Mint 19.1 via the deb package. No install issues. I do see the mouse scroll wheel issue but that seems to be a known issue. I like using FG in full screen so using the command line entry below works. I also noticed, at least for me, in full screen the mouse wheel is more responsive whereas in windowed mode it seems sluggish.
    Code:
    ./FantasyGrounds.x86_64 -screen-fullscreen 1 -screen-width 1920 -screen-height 1080
    Oh my stars and garters! Brilliant!!!!!

Why-o-why haven't i known about this little bit of advise! Awesome. Savvy person named kuthulu ... please tell me if there's a secret to this command to get it to fullscreen on my 2nd monitor instead of my primary? I tried:
    Code:
    /usr/share/smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FantasyGrounds.x86_64 -screen-fullscreen 2 -screen-width 1920 -screen-height 1200
    But that's not quite the ticket. Any additional advise while i try my luck with some google-fu?

Blog Entries
    FYI installers of LX ... although many have noted in the early threads that:
    /bin/FantasyGrounds
    /usr/share/smiteworks/

post install script are the permissions of the user that installed vs root:root ... I just left them as is and did not change the permissions post install. That being said I did try out changing to root:root in these folders as one would expect them to be, and in doing so FGU would still start but i would get administrative warnings as has been mentioned in other posts and screenshot. When I left things as they were post install ... it worked as one would expect it to work.

I was able to install the build on my Gentoo Linux system, and it works fine, except that on my system the mouse wheel does not work at all. Is there something I can do about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaister View Post
    I was able to install the build on my Gentoo Linux system, and it works fine, except that on my system the mouse wheel does not work at all. Is there something I can do about that?
    This is really the main issue on linux. The mouse wheel! Hopefully that is sorted soon.

Did you use Steam for the install or did you use the deb linked in the start of the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by lazjen View Post
    Did you use Steam for the install or did you use the deb linked in the start of the thread?
    I used the deb file from the start of the thread, converted it with deb2targz, extracted it and moved everything into the appropriate folders.

I used the deb file from the start of the thread, converted it with deb2targz, extracted it and moved everything into the appropriate folders.
    I did a similar manual process for my first install.

While I was talking with Steven today reviewing the Linux installer testing, we just wanted to let everyone know that we did push a new installer update on Tuesday evening. When running any installer tests, please download the latest version of the file before testing. (just to be sure)

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information