FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 68 of 71 First ... 18586667686970 ... Last

Thread: Linux Testing

Quote Originally Posted by jbergmann View Post
    I have the same issue using Fedora 36. I created a start program to "fix" the crash to desktop.

Code:
    #!/bin/bash 

export GDK_BACKEND=x11
    /home/jbergmann/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FantasyGrounds.x86_64
    Managed to get the updater to load.... loaded it... deleted the launcher for the actual program not the updater.... ran update.... works again

I'm experiencing crashes while pulling up the "Import Images" dialog box on Arch under GNOME 43/XWayland. Any ideas which dependency I might be missing?
    Last edited by kylemahaney; October 30th, 2022 at 00:04.

See the post right above yours. The cross-platform file dialog library doesn't work with XWayland; so you have to enable X11 via a shell script when launching FG.

We've asked the library developer for a patch, but they're unsure if and when they might have one.

Regards,
    JPG

You mean it doesn't like Wayland, the environment flag above is what makes it run in XWayland (the X-session wrapper for Wayland.)

It won't even launch in Wayland. I have confirmed the issue is reproducible in a X11-native GNOME session.

Code:
                       -`                    kpmgeek@scout 
                      .o+`                   ------------- 
                     `ooo/                   OS: Arch Linux x86_64 
                    `+oooo:                  Host: 20WLS1MF00 ThinkPad X13 Gen 2i 
                   `+oooooo:                 Kernel: 6.0.2-arch1-1 
                   -+oooooo+:                Uptime: 2 days, 11 hours, 53 mins 
                 `/:-:++oooo+:               Packages: 1468 (pacman) 
                `/++++/+++++++:              Shell: bash 5.1.16 
               `/++++++++++++++:             Resolution: 1920x1200 
              `/+++ooooooooooooo/`           DE: GNOME 42.5 
             ./ooosssso++osssssso+`          WM: Mutter 
            .oossssso-````/ossssss+`         WM Theme: Adwaita 
           -osssssso.      :ssssssso.        Theme: Adwaita [GTK2/3] 
          :osssssss/        osssso+++.       Icons: Adwaita [GTK2/3] 
         /ossssssss/        +ssssooo/-       Terminal: gnome-terminal 
       `/ossssso+/:-        -:/+osssso+-     CPU: 11th Gen Intel i5-1145G7 (8) @ 4. 
      `+sso+:-`                 `.-/+oso:    GPU: Intel TigerLake-LP GT2 [Iris Xe G 
     `++:.                           `-/+/   Memory: 5226MiB / 15706MiB 
     .`                                 `/

I just installed all GTK3 and GTK4 packages in the arch repo's and that fixed it, so something in there.

Also it might be more advisable to use
    Code:
    Exec=env GDK_BACKEND=x11 /home/kpmgeek/.smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FantasyGrounds.x86_64
    in
    Code:
    ~/.local/share/applications/FantasyGrounds.desktop
    so just Fantasy Grounds is running in XWayland instead of everything GTK-based launched from that bash.
    Last edited by kylemahaney; November 3rd, 2022 at 01:03. Reason: expanding on the concept

Is it possible to make everything use XDG standard folders? Like install to ~/.local/share/applications if you must since the binary directory needs to be writeable and put the user data in ~/.config as default?

Also having to install the binary someplace normal-user writeable seriously limits your ability to package it for distros since many such as the Arch AUR mandate nothing is installed in the home directory. Does the update package change? If not maybe making packages that load the updates and then install the actual program to ~/.local/share/applications or similar would technically meet guidelines.

We don't have any plans to change the install locations at this time. We provide the installer/uninstaller for setting up and removing program.

Regards,
    JPG

Debian 10, Mate desktop

Downloaded the file, ran the command sudo chmod +x ./FGUWebInstall.bin && ./FGUWebInstall.bin

Software installed, selected search for updates, updates found and installed all with no problems.

Fantasy Ground shows up with its correct name under my "Games" menu.

Completely hassle-free.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf1066 View Post
    Debian 10, Mate desktop

Downloaded the file, ran the command sudo chmod +x ./FGUWebInstall.bin && ./FGUWebInstall.bin

Software installed, selected search for updates, updates found and installed all with no problems.

Fantasy Ground shows up with its correct name under my "Games" menu.

Completely hassle-free.
    Very cool! Fedora 37 KDE runs perfectly. I still needs the environment flag for some file dialogues but everything else is working fine.

trying to export a character on 5e just crashes out to desktop

Console Log:
    [11/22/2022 10:39:24 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 7.404886
    [11/22/2022 10:39:24 PM] [WARNING] Frame scrollbar_base contains out-of-range values in Bottom.

Players log:
    [11/22/2022 10:39:24 PM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 7.404886
    [11/22/2022 10:39:24 PM] [WARNING] Frame scrollbar_base contains out-of-range values in Bottom.
    Caught fatal signal - signo:11 code:1 errno:0 addr:0xffffffd9ce5283f0
    Obtained 7 stack frames.
    #0 0x007f6e5975e8e0 in __sigaction
    #1 0x007f6e55602ec2 in XDefaultRootWindow
    #2 0x007f6db3601b98 in getWindowFromPid
    #3 0x007f6db3601c7b in getUnityWindow
    #4 0x007f6db36021c6 in GTKSavePanel
    #5 0x007f6db3601eb8 in DialogSaveFilePanelAsync
    #6 0x00000040594479 in (wrapper managed-to-native) Crosstales.FB.Wrapper.Linux.NativeMethodsialogSaveFilePanelAsync (string,string,string,string,Crosstales.FB.Wrapper .Linux.NativeMethods/AsyncCallback)

Thread Information