Starfinder Playlist
Page 36 of 71 First ... 26343536373846 ... Last

Thread: Linux Testing

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smelton View Post
    I'm currently working on this one

Thanks @smelton ... excellent! Please let us know if we as the community can do anything to help?

Sounds like you have remnants of a previous installation that used the deb installer... Try this and check to make sure you have permissions to the .smiteworks directory:

sudo dpkg -r fantasygroundsinstaller && sudo rm -fr /usr/share/smiteworks && sudo rm -fr ~/.config/smiteworks

chown -R user:user ~/.smiteworks

Then rerun the bin installer
    Ok, that did the job.
    Many thanks.

My daugther has the demo (deb installer) version installed. And I would like she use the new bin version which seems far more reliable.
    What is the procedure to uninstall ? Using the deb package unintaller seems to not work properly (I uninstalled using the package uninstaller).

Go back to the first post in this thread - there's instructions there on how to remove/clean up the deb stuff and install the "new" way.

Quote Originally Posted by lazjen View Post
    I'm using KDE and I can't find any options for this in the mouse settings. I'll keep looking. If it matters (which I doubt), I'm using a logitech mouse.
    Have you installed FGU via Steam - I am using KDE and it doesnt work for me, so wondering if its something to do with KDE - probably not but want to eliminate it if possible.

I have installed FGU on the Chrome Linux Beta which has worked, apart from no shortcut icon has been created, therefore once I close the program I cannot launch it again.

From these logs it doesn't look like the issue is on your end. Can you supply the GM's logs in addition to your own the next time this happens?
    Sure, here you go.

So, dm log has "dm" in the name.

DM is in Australia, Perth
    I am in Hong Kong.

Distro: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS
    Hardware: Udoo bolt gear, 32 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD

Been crashing really badly at times every 5 min. With or without maps.

Longest stretch i had without crashing is 20 minutes.

I will delete FG Unity and reinstall and see if this will work better on friday.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mbolzar; November 24th, 2020 at 01:47. Reason: Added the OS version, and hardware (in case it helps)

@smelton - Mouse wheel fixed! Awesome. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Nice work @smelton! Well done and thank you for that fix!

Otherwise, prior to rollout of 4.0.2 and this fix, i experienced 2 crashes last night, as a player. Am attaching both sets of the gathered logs.

Keep up the good work.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Did something specific happen in the game that triggered the crashes or did it seem random?

Blog Entries
    Did something specific happen in the game that triggered the crashes or did it seem random?
    At the time we were in battlemap chatter but I wasn't doing anything other than listening to the other players turns. So in other words the crashes occurred at random from my point of view as I wasn't actually interacting with FGU at all when the crashes occurred. So they seemed to occur out of the blue from my POV. What were the other players doing, interacting with the battlemap on their turns. Plotting movements, targeting hostiles, etc. Sorry that I've not a pattern to speak of.

Thread Information