FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 23 of 71 First ... 13212223242533 ... Last

Thread: Linux Testing

Quote Originally Posted by smelton View Post
    We have been testing on several Linux distributions. I was running Ubuntu on one of my laptops but recently switched over to Manjaro. One of our CS guys is running Kubuntu and off the top of my head we have run tests on Debian, Fedora, Mint, and Elementary.
    Perfect!

We have been testing on several Linux distributions. I was running Ubuntu on one of my laptops but recently switched over to Manjaro. One of our CS guys is running Kubuntu and off the top of my head we have run tests on Debian, Fedora, Mint, and Elementary.
    Mostly working fine on Gentoo (using KDE Plasma) as well.

I do get random crashing after it's been running for a long time (1+ hour), but I haven't worked out any pattern for it yet. Until I do it's pointless for you guys to worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by lazjen View Post
    Mostly working fine on Gentoo (using KDE Plasma) as well.

I do get random crashing after it's been running for a long time (1+ hour), but I haven't worked out any pattern for it yet. Until I do it's pointless for you guys to worry about it.
    When you restart FGU click the console button in the upper left corner and then click Compile Logs and send them over. We might be able to spot the cause of the crash

Unfortunately, the last update contained breaking changes for existing installations that used the .deb installer. Please uninstall and reinstall with the new .bin installer and you should be good to go. Both the .bin installer and removal instructions can be found in the first post of this thread. If you have any issues after reinstalling please let me know.
    Thanks Smelton, that seemed to work. However, in the future you might want to warn users to backup their files first. All of my campaigns and characters are gone. Thankfully I had a backup.

WR

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamRiddle View Post
    Thanks Smelton, that seemed to work. However, in the future you might want to warn users to backup their files first. All of my campaigns and characters are gone. Thankfully I had a backup.

WR
    My instructions assume a default installation, in which case your data would have been located in ~/.smiteworks/fgdata. Did you delete that directory instead of ~/.config/smiteworks?

My instructions assume a default installation, in which case your data would have been located in ~/.smiteworks/fgdata. Did you delete that directory instead of ~/.config/smiteworks?
    I ran the uninstall script, then the install script. That is all. My DEB install was also "vanilla" default.

As I said, no worries here. You just may wish to put up a disclosure to backup beforehand.

WR

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamRiddle View Post
    I ran the uninstall script, then the install script. That is all. My DEB install was also "vanilla" default.

As I said, no worries here. You just may wish to put up a disclosure to backup beforehand.

WR
    Updated info ---

Apparently the DEB uninstall script only purged my campaigns. My modules, extensions, tokens, etc are still there.
    Hope this helps.

WR

Thanks for the update. Out of curiosity, where did you have your campaigns saved?

Thanks for the update. Out of curiosity, where did you have your campaigns saved?
    Wherever the default DEB install put them. I never changed any of the default settings or locations.

WR

I installed it on Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS with Budgie desktop, Gnome version 3.36.3

Everything looks good.

Mouse wheel works in start screen "game lobby", just not on the table.
    The mouse scrolling requiring a drill attachment hooked to the wheel to get any movement , known issue.

Thread Information