STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 71 First 12341252 ... Last

Thread: Linux Testing

Based on previous responses, initial test shows good for permissions and basic functionality.

What I did:
    Installed, downloaded updates, and opened the D&D 5e Test campaign. Rolled dice in chat window and tower.

More testing to come.

Code:
                .-/+oossssoo+/-.             
            `:+ssssssssssssssssss+:`           
          -+ssssssssssssssssssyyssss+-         OS: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS x86_64 
        .ossssssssssssssssssdMMMNysssso.       Kernel: 5.4.0-42-generic 
       /ssssssssssshdmmNNmmyNMMMMhssssss/      Uptime: 7 days, 3 hours, 44 mins 
      +ssssssssshmydMMMMMMMNddddyssssssss+     Packages: 2849 (dpkg), 16 (flatpak), 
     /sssssssshNMMMyhhyyyyhmNMMMNhssssssss/    Shell: bash 5.0.17 
    .ssssssssdMMMNhsssssssssshNMMMdssssssss.   Resolution: 1920x1080, 1920x1080 
    +sssshhhyNMMNyssssssssssssyNMMMysssssss+   DE: Plasma 
    ossyNMMMNyMMhsssssssssssssshmmmhssssssso   WM: KWin 
    ossyNMMMNyMMhsssssssssssssshmmmhssssssso   WM Theme: Breeze 
    +sssshhhyNMMNyssssssssssssyNMMMysssssss+   Theme: Breeze Dark [Plasma], Breeze- 
    .ssssssssdMMMNhsssssssssshNMMMdssssssss.   Icons: breeze-dark [Plasma], breeze- 
     /sssssssshNMMMyhhyyyyhdNMMMNhssssssss/    Terminal: terminator 
      +sssssssssdmydMMMMMMMMddddyssssssss+     CPU: Intel i7-4790K (8) @ 4.600GHz 
       /ssssssssssshdmNNNNmyNMMMMhssssss/      GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 
        .ossssssssssssssssssdMMMNysssso.       Memory: 7364MiB / 32056MiB 
          -+sssssssssssssssssyyyssss+-
            `:+ssssssssssssssssss+:`                                   
                .-/+oossssoo+/-.
    Last edited by thwright; August 29th, 2020 at 17:56.

Blog Entries
    Mouse Wheel - within Linux, as I think within windows, you have the choice to reverse the direction the window panes move bases on direction of mouse wheel's rotation. I get the feeling that a default has been chosen here and FGU is not paying attention to mouse wheel direction that's been configured within the desktop environment. NOTE: still using same environ as in my earlier post.

I should also note that the mouse wheel seems a little clunky. It's requiring a lot more of me spinning the wheel to get the window to shift. This also doesn't feel right in comparison to its use with other applications (i.e. FGU seems like the odd duck out when using mouse wheel within linux). I could be bonkers when noting this, but this is just my noting my experience.

I converted the package with alien to install on a slackware64-current computer (ancient laptop that may not be capable of running it - Opteron 64/4 MB memory/Integrated Vido) and the update screen flashed then when away. I will try on my other system later (also slackware64-current but with a Ryzen 3200G and Radeon RX 5600 XT). Error messages would have been useful.

This is all I got in the output:
    Screenshot_2020-08-28_20-49-25.png

For reference: this is my computer info:
    Screenshot_2020-08-28_20-52-07.png

I did have the same issues that were listed above with it installing under owner 1000.1000

Quote Originally Posted by skj310 View Post
    sigh ... firewall!!! Ignore above ... installing now .. will update if there are any further issues.
    I have the same problem. What did you do with the firewall to fix it?

I used debtap to convert the .deb package to an Arch package.
    https://github.com/helixarch/debtap
    Code:
                       -`                 
                      .o+`                 jeff@computer
                     `ooo/                 OS: Arch Linux 
                    `+oooo:                Kernel: x86_64 Linux 5.8.1-arch1-1
                   `+oooooo:               Uptime: 1d 5h 50m
                   -+oooooo+:              Packages: 963
                 `/:-:++oooo+:             Shell: bash 5.0.18
                `/++++/+++++++:            Resolution: 3840x1200
               `/++++++++++++++:           DE: GNOME 3.36.4
              `/+++ooooooooooooo/`         WM: Mutter
             ./ooosssso++osssssso+`        WM Theme: Adwaita
            .oossssso-````/ossssss+`       GTK Theme: Adwaita-dark [GTK2/3]
           -osssssso.      :ssssssso.      Icon Theme: Adwaita
          :osssssss/        osssso+++.     Font: Liberation Sans 12
         /ossssssss/        +ssssooo/-     Disk: 4.2T / 6.4T (66%)
       `/ossssso+/:-        -:/+osssso+-   CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core @ 24x 3.8GHz
      `+sso+:-`                 `.-/+oso:  GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT (NAVI10, DRM 3.38.0, 5.8.1-arch1-1, LLVM 10.0.1)
     `++:.                           `-/+/ RAM: 11315MiB / 32087MiB
    Last edited by Jafo; August 29th, 2020 at 05:05. Reason: Add system info.

Blog Entries
    I have the same problem. What did you do with the firewall to fix it?
    I turned off the firewall for the time being. I'll work out what ports are needed later ... perhaps there's doc that says ports needed to speak with the modules installer location (i.e. the place where our purchases items are located)? Don't know that off the top my head. Main point is that to get past the entering of my license key and begin the updates, I had to turn off my computers firewall. Then all was ok.

Turning off firewalld didn't help. Is there any way to get feedback about what it is doing when you run it? I tried running it from a cli and it is completely silent except for one line and --help doesn't do anything.
    I've opened the ports that are required to run a game with FGC. I guess they aren't the same ones.

Would I need to forward ports through the router?
    Last edited by Jafo; August 29th, 2020 at 06:53.

Ubuntu....
    At least its on linux I guess.
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; August 29th, 2020 at 08:09.

Install
    Installed on Arch-based SalientOS using Debtap as previous user did. Worked fine with the conversion.
    Got the same premissions problems. Ran
    sudo chown -R <myuser>:<mygroup> ~/.smithworks
    sudo chown -R <myuser>:<mygroup> ~/.config/smithworks
    sudo chown -R <myuser>:<mygroup> /usr/share/smithworks

Updater
    And FGU updater could run without issue. No FW issues (FW turned off as this seems to be a problem since previous).

In the Updater, when going to Settings, and then dragging the UI Scale up nothing seems to happen. Which is annoying as I would like especially the font inside FGU to be larger to be easier for me to read. But so far I haven't been able to find any setting that actually change UI size for anything. This would be greatly appreciated if this was looked at.

Gameplay
    When EULA comes up, mouse scrolling is inverted, which is annoying but not too bad. Same goes for "Joing Campaign" screen when trying to scroll through list of campaigns. Pretty much same with all lists it seems.

When loading the test 5e campaign, getting through the setup wizard, loading modules screen. Scrolling is not only inverted, but lags greatly. I can scroll 5-6 times before the list move one step down.

But setup campaign wizard seems to work fine in all other aspects what I can find.

No shadow problems when rolling dice using KDE display manager, running on Nvidia prop. graphics.

Tested to edit to load battlemap01 and add FX layer, draw some walls. All worked fine. LOS seems to work fine while moving PCs and NPCs around.

Character creation.
    BIG plus that clicking top left to add character image -> then click folder opens Dolphin (File browser) to correct place. Dropping in a image instantly adds it as selectable in character window in FGU. Did not work as good in Wine.
    Tested to create and level up a character with drag-n-drop, worked fine.

Converted .deb to install it properly on Slackware64-14.2.
    Attempted to run FantasyGrounds with the following error:
    Code:
    ATTENTION: default value of option force_s3tc_enable overridden by environment.
    Found path: /usr/share/smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FGUpdaterEngine/FGUpdaterEngine.x86_64
    /bin/FantasyGrounds: line 2: 10627 Segmentation fault      /usr/share/smiteworks/fantasygrounds/FantasyGroundsUpdater
    System Config:
    Code:
    Display Manager: none
    Window Manager: Openbox 3.6.1

Changing permissions with:
    Code:
    sudo chown -R <myuser>:<mygroup> /usr/share/smithworks
    and it runs, but that doesn't seem right.

Thread Information